Chapter 4 | "Y-you would?"

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━
Chapter 4:
━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━

3rd Person's POV

Nobara's bangs were casting over her orange eyes as Y/N looked sadly Tanjiro who looked like he was about to cry.

"Oh, I am so sorry for your loss, you have my deepest sympathy, Tanjiro. We apologize for bringing that topic up," Y/N softly said with pity as she looked at Tanjiro in the eyes to show how sincere she was.

"No, no... It's fine, Otsuki-san. It's the least we could do for being kind to us..." Tanjiro lowered his head down and averted his gaze to his fidgeting fingers.

Before Y/N could say something else, she was interrupted by Nobara.

"I see, the Mugen Train Arc has ended. And he's already dead. Damn, if only you guys got here before it could happen, maybe you could have saved him. Rengoku-san's an awesome guy." Nobara murmured, voice tinged with sadness and disappointment as she looked down with thoughtful eyes while rubbing her chin and leaning on the couch.

All of them except Y/N, widened their eyes at the mention of 'Mugen Train'.

Tanjiro sat still with wide eyes while still looking as his fidgeting fingers, 'H-How did she know the name of the train? I only mentioned Rengoku-san's death and I didn't even expect for her to know about him....'

Inosuke had his eyes wide open underneath his boar mask, 'The hell, what's a Mugen train... hearing it makes me upset.'

Nezuko's still spacing out, trying to find out why the word fictional sounded so familiar to her, "Hmm..."

Zenitsu also had eyes wide open, shock about the fact that Nobara knew the name of the train, 'W-What...? Is that girl a... A WITCH?!'

Sanemi and Giyu was at disbelief about the fact that an outsider somehow knew about the Flame Hashira's death and even speculated the location of his death.

'How the hell does that b*tch know about those when it wasn't even announced publicly, the Demon Slaying Corps isn't even known to the government!'

'That girl... how did she know about the death of the Flame Hashira and the location on where it happened...'

The first to break the silence was Tanjiro finally directing his gaze to Nobara. "I-I think so...? If you mean that the event on the Mugen Train has ended, then yes."

"So it's already too late to save him from his unfortunate fate, huh..."

Tanjiro quired Nobara out of curiosity, "But how do you know about that?"

"Well, like what I've mentioned before," Nobara paused for a while before continuing, "you guys are just fictional characters. At least, in our world... Speaking of our world, the demon you fought must've used a dimensional blood demon art or something identical to that which hasn't been documented in the book of information for Demon Slayer," Nobara explained as she begun to thought of theories. "It must've been the power of a Demon Mob. That's the only reason I could think of about why you guys are here...."

"Huh? What mob?" Sanemi demanded, confused at the foreign word.

"In video games, Mob is a non-player character, especially one that exists to be fought or killed to further the progression of the story or game. They're just characters whose actions are not controlled by a player. They're fictional like you too." Y/n explained.

"R-Right... I almost forgot we are just... fictional in here, which means that you guys basically have lots of informations about us," Tanjiro said as a sweat trickled down his face, concerned about the fact that his private information was known to other people. He has a hunch that perhaps, Nobara knew about his past.