Chapter 5 | "Who's that old hag?"

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━
Chapter 5:
━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

3rd Person's POV

"Please excuse me, I have to make breakfast. Is omelette alright with you all?" Y/n spoke as she stood up from her seat and dusted off imaginary dust off her clothes.

"As long as it's delicious, then yes!" Inosuke cheered as he raised his hands up in the air.

"C-calm down, Inosuke! Yes please, sorry for the inconvenience." Tanjiro lightly scolded Inosuke before resuming to thank the lady.

Giyu didn't say a word and only bowed his head slightly.

"It's alright, it's needless to worry about it." Y/n shook it off before excusing herself to the kitchen, mumbling "I wonder if they are enough eggs..."

Nobara stood up and volunteered to help "I'll help you." she walked towards the kitchen.

Y/n was about to open her mouth to thank her but was cut off by a fuming scarred-man, "Ha? Hey! Get back here and continue! You haven't even told us what will occur on that event! And why are those three facing an Uppermoon, again, instead of me?!" Sanemi yelled out as irk marks appeared on his face.

"Calm your tits down, you white pomeranian. You'll also face one of the Uppermoon's but first behave and stay there like a good dog you are." Nobara retorted and playfully stuck out her tongue at him.

Sanemi irked and clenched his fist, "What the f*ck did ya say?!"

At the kitchen

Y/n checked the refrigerator and took out the needed ingredients for the omelette as Nobara turned on the stove and placed a frying pan on top of it.

The female (h/c)nette headed to the counter and began to mix all of the ingredients.

While the two females were busy preparing breakfast, Sanemi began to look around the living room to amuse himself, still not letting his guard down while Inosuke was feeling drowsy at the comfortable couch, meanwhile, Nezuko was already passed out and was leaning at her brother's shoulder.

Tanjiro patted his sibling's head, 'I wonder how long will the Blood Demon Art last? I hope we'll return to our dimension so we can save the rest of Fushō Village.' Tanjiro thought before realizing that Zenitsu has remained quiet for a while.

Zenitsu was giving off a scent of Aspen(Fear), Hyacinth(Sadness) and Lily of the Valley(Agony).

Tanjiro creased his brows in concern before comforting him, "Zenitsu, everything will be alright." He reassured him like a good friend he is.

The blonde stiffly turned his head to Tanjiro's direction with bulging eyes accompanied by tears streaming down his face like waterfalls.

"It's not alright! None of this is alright! We're going to face more suffering in the future... I just know it! I don't want more deaths of great people like Rengoku-san! I... I don't want it...! I've had enough!" Zenitsu cried out as he clenched his head. Tears streaming down his eyes as his pupils shook from distress, taking in short breaths and was close to losing it.

In the kitchen, Nobara halted her stirring the milk and eggs in the bowl with the use of a wire whisk and gazed blankly at the kitchen counter when she heard Zenitsu spouted out those words. Deep in her thoughts, Nobara recalled an old man close to Zenitsu that would face an unfortunate fate.