Chapter 2. Tell me...

' ' If you're not used to it,then force yourself to face the worse. It's that simple,ya know? ' '

Everyone is but a wolf in sheep's clothing. No matter how innocent we act; no matter how kindred and sweet someone is,nothing will be enough to justify one's sins.

*this chapter is practically useless,but it does introduce 2 new characters‼️*
---------

It was currently 4:26 a.m. Y/n stared at the mountains of papers,notes and books sat on their bed. God was college such a bitch. Y/n groans,tossing a notebook they were holding off to the corner of their small bed. You rubbed your nose bridge. Class would start in like..an hour from now. Midst reaching out for your phone you recall yesterdays...or just earlier todays events. Fuck the party. Man. Everyday felt the same. Get up,go to school,study,get home and study more. Then repeat. It was tiring,maybe you should do something different today.

Y/n got up from their bed,putting on their shoes which were positioned right under their bed. It was easier to put them on that way,especially during a tight schedule. You could always just hop out of bed,and head somewhere. If you felt like it,which rarely happened. You grabbed your phone and wallet,stuffing each into- wait.. you're still in your damn pj's. Silly you. You hunched over and reached into your cabinets,pulling open a drawer and taking out an outfit you previously prepared. Undergarments included. What? It saves time.

After getting changed,you stumbled out your room. Your eyesight lands on Velvith,and a friend of hers. The two were giggling and gossiping until they noticed your presence. You raised an eyebrow. "Heyyy-Y/n!" Velvith stood up,nervously smiling. You sighed and started to walk towards the door. "Wai- please don't...tell anyone.." Velvith calls out for you,pleading practically. You glance over at her and give a quick nod. Other college members weren't supposed to be in other dorms besides their own. Oh well, Back to going out for you! Velvith and her friend seemed to have gone silent. You decide to just throw Velvith a heads up. "I'll be back in a few." You quickly utter out,opening the door and leaving the dorm. You shut the door behind you and power-walk past the few more dorms in the flat.

Once outside the building,Y/n looks up at the sky. It was a pretty shade of blue. Not really bright and saturated yet,but it looks so pretty. It gave off a color to the fog covering the entirety of the college grounds. You shake your head,snapping out of your thoughts. What the hell are you doing? Acting like some Protagonist,staring at the sky like that. You were acting so strange,maybe it's 'cause you just woke up. Again,you start to power walk to the college's entranceway. The walk was a pretty wide stretch and you half regret going outside,you were tired. Exhausted. You were going to give up mid-way,but you pushed through. You didn't care how tired your body was,this was your only possible gate to serenity before classes start afterall.

The college's entrance looked so much more scarier up close,the fog really wasn't helping much at all. Past the gates looked like an endless mystery,a white-greyish void that'd devour you and lead you to getting lost. You gulp,someone could mug you...it was easy to do that in the fog,wasn't it? Oh well. You push your gut instinct aside and continue to stride past the foggy pathway. Until you had finally left the college's premises. It was scary around these parts,but it gave you a feeling of ease somewhat. The trees surrounding the college area were blurred out by the tops due to the fog,the streetlights were still open. Makes you question the towns electrical budget.

You open up your phone and checked google maps. You search for a nearby cafe that was,hopefully open right now. You search and search.. Nothing pops up for a while,until a cutesy little cafe appears. Opens at 5:00a.m. What an early opening time. Still,you check the reviews and photos attached to the search. It was a pretty looking cafe,and the reviews state that the food was spectacular, delicious... to die for. It was a 15 minute walk from here and it was exactly 5:03 a.m now. You might as well start walking. You start your journey towards the cafe.

The walk was fine,cars and stuff start to appear and the fog starts to lift off the area. Some people are already up and going about their day,thank goodness the streets still aren't as busy as they'd be mid-day. You were getting really close to the cafe,you just gotta turn left and- "Liam is such a di-Fuck- S-sorry!" You bump into someone,and you drop your phone. Whoever it was,they bend down to pick it up. You look at the person. They're dressed in casual emo fashion,they had on a bunch of accessories. Necklaces,bracelets and rings,and they had the split red-black hair thing. Cool.  "it's fine.." You murmur out. It was nobody's fault,you were in a rush and so were they. "I'm really-really sorry uh...Ms/Mr/Mx?..." Y/n stares for a moment. Whoever this guy was,they were..kinda good looking not gonna lie.

"Y/n. No need to be formal. I go by (pronouns). You?" Y/n says with a smile,trying to be friendly. The guy smiles and hands Y/n their phone. "Malice.. He/zem." Malice..strange name. You don't question it. "I-i'm so sorry I'd love to stay and chat but I really gotta goo.." "oh-yeah that's fine." You nod and Malice runs off. Too bad,that's probably the last time you're gonna see Malice. But hey,what a cool interaction. You wonder why he's in such a hurry. Oh well,you turn your head and look back at your phone. You're..right next to the cafe!

You look up,pure excitement and joy fills you in an instant. Something as simple as arriving at a Cafe really fuels you up,after examining and and admiring the exterior,you decide to enter the Cafe. As you walk over to it and push open the door,a small bell rings from above you,it's a bit empty in here. There only being 3 customers. You look at the menu,which is written on a chalk board behind the counter. You're looking for something cheap so you search for the cheapest thing on the menu. A lady by the counter catches your attention,she's upbeat and happy. Her tone is sweet and calming.

"Goodmorning,welcome to the Pearls Dove Cafe! What can I get you on this fine day?" The pretty lady asks you from behind the counter. She's black,her hair was put up in a ponytail,she looks like such a sweet person.

You walk closer to the counter to get a better look at the menu. "I'll..uh.. what do you recommend?" You ask politely,the lady giggles and turns around. "If you're a sweettooth,the creampuffs are good. Plus the bubble tea." The lady speaks softly,you look at their shiny little name tag,clipped to their barista apron. 'Sylvia'. "Oh..I'll have a creampuff and..." You hesitate,remembering how tight you are on money. "Yeah just a creampuff." "Okie dokie,noted! And what flavor will that be?" Slyvia asks,flavor.. there were flavors available? You glance back at the menu,realizing the flavor options for creampuffs. Hm..let's see. Classic,Oreo,strawberry.. chocolate,caramel.. basic flavours. You still had to go with the cheapest option; you go with classic.

"Classic,please." "anything else?" Sylvia asks "Nope." "Great! That'll be 12.58. Takeout or dine in?" Sylvia asks as she rings up your order,you weren't too sure. You'll just eat on your way to class. "Take out." The pretty lady nods and gestures for you to sit down while you wait on your order.

Gosh. Was interacting with people sooo tiring.

-----

The Creampuff was delicious. Despite being a little over priced,you go with it anyway. Sylvia did you justice by suggesting it. You arrive at class with better energy than yesterday + you've gotten more enthusiastic about your day. Makes you wonder if that Creampuff had some drugs in it.

Doesn't really matter.