Chapter 10

We all finally arrived at the school and oh gosh, you can hear the overlapping chatter and the sound of the music from outside the door, it was insane. Everyone was looking at me and Peter was still shocked about him being so nice to me, and I couldn't blame him.

"Gee, this looks so fun," Peter said in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh lighten up! Come guys, let's go get our homecoming on."

Once we got in, it was honestly pretty cool. The theme was 'Night in Neverland' it had a lot of fake flowers and vines making it look like we were in a forest and fairy lights, very clever. It honestly did feel like I was in Neverland. Peter Pan was always my favorite story as a kid so this was like a dream.

Peter's POV

I watched as Y/N's eyes grew big and sparkled while looking around taking in all of the decor. That expression is so beautiful, I loved it so much. I want her to have this moment for the rest of the night.

Y/N'S POV

We all sat at a round table near the dance floor good thing the lamp on the table was bright enough so we could see all our faces, we had a fun time talking, laughing, and stuffing our faces with sweets. Once in awhile, I see Peter slightly laughing and smiling, and also talking to my friends, this warmed my heart so much!

Suddenly we all heard the song 'Golden Hour' all the couples got up to dance, I let out a sad sigh and Peter seemed to notice. He stood up and offered his hand.

"May I have this dance?"

I give him a big smile.

"Of course you can."

He then walked me to the dance floor moving us in the middle, he put one hand on my waist and the other holding my other hand, while I put one hand on his shoulder and locked hands with the other. I can see everyone scared again as we both slowly dance together.

'Hah, everyone is as surprised as me."

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you have a soft spot for only me? Are you leading me on?"

Peter seemed kind of hurt that I thought that, the hand that was holding my waist when up to my cheek. Peter getting super close.

"Because...I think I'm in love with you. No, I know I'm in love with you so please let me do this.."

My eyes widen as our mouths interlocked giving me a passionate kiss, He loves me back oh my gosh, this kiss felt like a kiss in a fairytale. We finally released ourselves from the kiss, and we looked around and saw most people stop dancing with their jaws dropped. I was so stuck in the moment I forgot we were around people!

"Does this mean I'm your..."

"Yes, you're my girlfriend now, darling. And I want to give you this.." 

Peter revealed a necklace in a box.