✨LOVE OR DECEPTION✨

Start from the beginning

"Abhi tumhe hug karna tha... Abhi sar phodna hai. Ek cheez decide karo," Haseena playfully suggested.

"Ek hi cheez karni hai, aur wo hai tumhara sar phodna. Sukoon milta hai humko," Karishma replied with a mischievous smirk.

"Aur hume tumhe kai mein phekne ka dil karta hai," Haseena teased with a sigh.

"Kab aaogi? I'm really missing you very much. Dil karta hai tumhe abhi iss phone se nikal ke hug karle," Karishma confessed, her voice filled with longing and tears falling on the desk.

"Jaldi aayenge phir jitna chahe humara sar khana, hum kuch nai kahenge. Now stop crying. Acha nai dekhta Dr. Karishma Singh rote hue." Haseena reassured Karishma.

"Ye sab tumari kehne ki baatein hai. Yahan aakar tumhe yaad bhi nai rehta. My idiot bhulakad," Karishma replied with a small smile.

"Saath khana khaye?" Haseena suggested.

"Haan... I'll refreshen up and call you back, okay?" Karishma agreed.

"Hum bhi saath rehte hai na... Humare samne kaisi sharam?" Haseena teased her.

"Bye!!" Karishma ended the call and went to freshen up.

Pushpa, who had been watching all this, moved downstairs. Karishma served her dinner plate, called Haseena back, and both of them had their food together, connected through the call, sharing a virtual dinner date.

One months later,
Haseena emerged from Lucknow Airport dressed in simple jeans and a white shirt. The family had still not accepted their relationship, and communication remained minimal, limited to necessary information. Haseena and Karishma had become each other's sole sources of strength and support, finding solace in their bond. Haseena's early return was the only best gift Karishma could hope for.

Haseena's cab pulled up outside the familiar lane leading to her home, which had become a place filled with cherished memories. As she walked closer, the familiar scents of her neighborhood filled her senses. She couldn't help but notice that both the Singh's and the Mallik's houses were adorned with bright lights, creating a festive atmosphere. If any of the house received happiness it was celebrated by both of them. But this is something unusual.

Upon entering the Singh's house, Haseena was met with a scene of joyful chaos. Guests were bustling about, coming and going, and it was evident that some sort of celebration was taking place. Feeling a sense of confusion, Haseena searched for her family members, but they were nowhere to be found. Her eyes scanned the rooms.

Haseena approached a young kid who was running around. "Sab kahan hai?" she inquired.

"Sab toh upar Karishma didi ko mehendi laga rahe hai," the kid replied.

"Mehendi?" Haseena asked, her heart pounding with a mixture of confusion and fear of losing Karishma.

"Haan unki shadi hone wali hai na... Aap ko itna nai malum..." the child said before joining his friends.

Without any other thought, Haseena left her luggage behind and rushed up to the terrace. When she reached the terrace, her worst fears were confirmed. Karishma was seated on a stage, her hands being adorned with mehendi by a skilled artist. She was surrounded by Barbie, Santu, Cheetah, Billu, Misri, and Mira. Despite the apparent joy in the atmosphere, Karishma wore a layer of sadness on her face.

Haseena's shock and anger erupted as she shouted, "What the fuck is going on?!" The fear and frustration in her voice were clear.

"Giraffe...", Seeing Haseena, Karishma rushed down the stage and into her arms, hugging her tightly.

The fresh mehendi on Karishma's hands imprinted Haseena's back. The music came to a halt, and curious and confused onlookers watched the dramatic scene unfold. Haseena held Karishma protectively.

Her voice trembling with anger and disappointment. "Kya chal raha hai ye sab?"

Pushpa stepped forward, revealing herself from the crowd, and calmly explained, "Humari beti ki sagai ki taiyari chal rahi hai...!"

Haseena's disappointment was evident in her voice,"Hume aap se ye expected nai... Pushpa aunty... Bilkul nai."

Noor Jahan joined Pushpa, adding, "Toh tum kya chahti ho? Wo apni beti ki zindagi barbaad karde tumari wajah se?"

Haseena, not holding back, expressed her frustration, "Hum ne aap sab se sach isliye kaha tha taki aap log samhje aur hume apnale. But how can I forget... This is an Indian family with the same old conservative thinking. Acceptance aur hum dono ke pyaar ko samjhna toh dur ki baat hai. Hume ek individual ki tarah samhjne ki koshish tak nai ki."

Aayan chimed in, "Mind your language, Hasu!"

Haseena shuts him up, "Aap toh please kuch boliye hi mat. Apni jagah sab kuch sahi hai aur jab dusro ki baat aayi toh sab kuch galat. Isliye toh ammi ka divorce nai karna chahte taki aap ki badnami na ho... Hume zyada shock nai legega agar aap bole aap ko abbu ke affair ke baare mein pata tha. Jab apni shaadi ke waqt religion, caste kuch nai dekha aap ne toh humare liye gender kyu dekha jaa raha hai?"
She turned her attention to Misri and Mira, questioning them, "Hum samhj sakte hai ki Barbie di aur Santu ko kisi tarah se inn sab ne rok diya. Misri... Mira... Tum dono bhi hume batana zaroori nai samjha? Misri?"

Misri quickly responded,"Hum dono ko bhi aaj hi pata chala hai. Mujhe koi idea nai tha."

Haseena continued to press the issue, "Matlab agar hum aaj sahi waqt par nai aate toh Karishma ki engagement hojati?". Questioned everyone present there

There was silence from everyone present, unable to answer her question. Meanwhile, Karishma, overwhelmed with emotions, continued to find solace in Haseena's comforting embrace. Haseena gently pulls back Karishma from the hug and wipes her tears.

"Baby... Don't cry. Ab hum aagaye hai. Kuch nai hoga.", Haseena tried to console her.

Karishma nods. "Okay..."

"Koun hai wo jisse humari Karishma ki engagement ho rahi thi?", Haseena asked.

Barbie comes down the stage, "Navy officer. Tumara hi profession. Captain hai."

"Barbie di ek baar bata deti aap...", Haseena said with an upset tone. "Jo bhi hai abhi kahan hai wo? Bol denge nai ho sakti ye engagement."

"Abhi jo hua hai uske baad ye engagement hokar rehegi.", Pushpa interwined.

"Sorry par hone nai denge.", Haseena determination.

"Santu batao hume koun hai wo?", Haseena asked Santu.

"Wo... Hume... Nai pata.", Santu fumbled clearly showing she is lying.

"Cheetah?", Haseena asked cheetah.

"Di hume bhi nai pata...", cheetah replied the same.

Haseena's frustration boiled over, "Hume toh samajh nai aa raha kya chal raha hai yahan... Engagement ho rahi hai aur kisi ko dulhe ke baare mein pata hi nai. Ya phir humse jhoot bola ja raha hai-"

Karishma interrupted, "Giraffe, calm down..."

"What calm down?" Haseena shouted, "Roz humari baatein hoti thi... Aaj tak ek din nai gaya jab hum dono calls, texts, ya video call nai kiye hai. Tumne bhi nai bataya. Kam se kam koi hint toh deti. Shayad tumhe bhi blackmail kiya gaya hai... Wohi purani baatein, jhooti izzat bachane ke liye, aur wohi cliché lines... Humari family ne hi nai samjha, toh dusre log kaise samjhenge hume aur unse kaisi umeed," Haseena indirectly referred to her friends and Karishma.

"Hasu-" Barbie tried to interject.

Haseena stopped her before she could continue, "Please, koi mat boliye. Lagta hai yahan humari koi jagah nahi hai ya zaroorat nai hai, ya phir koi importance hi nai hai. Toh phir, hume yahan rehna nai chahiye. Hum humare ship par hi theek hai... Aap sab se dur. Aap ne sahi kaha Pushpe... Pushpa aunty Engagement hogi... Zaroor hogi! Happy married life, Dr. Karishma Singh! Bye!"

Haseena stormed out in a fit of rage, ignoring protests from Karishma and her friends, leaving everyone bewildered. The festive atmosphere turned into one of tension and seriousness. Haseena goes to her bedroom and begins to pack the rest of the stuff and leaves the house. Tears of deception, anger, extreme hurt and disappointment were flowing down from Haseena's eyes.