o12 , (redamancy.)

Start from the beginning

"Things are changing. There's no denying that. First, Ben gets stung in daylight. And then Alby. And now our Greenie, here, has placed it upon himself... to go into the maze. Which is a  violation of our  here rules." Gally was very upset over this, justifiable as well. Arthur was fuming when he saw Thomas in the Maze.

Frypan watched the angry keeper carefully before speaking up. "Yeah... but he saved Alby's life."

"Did he?" His jaw was set and Arthur observed Thomas who was none the wiser as he watched Gally rant. Newt, who was leant against the pole watched Arthur look about with a concealed look of amusement.

"For 3 years, we have coexisted with these things. And now, you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us." Gally waved his arm about in an angry gesture toward Thomas who snapped to attention at the gesture.

Newt tilted his head slightly before raising his eyebrow. "What do you suggest we do?

"He has to be punished." This caused an uproar as people argued against Gally, some however stayed silent. Arthur folded his arms and watched them argue. He missed Alby. Watching Arthur in the corner of his eye Newt coughed before speaking over everyone.

"Minho. You were with him. What do you think?"

Minho looked at Arthur who was already watching him. "I think..." He pulled his gaze from the brunette, not sorry but knowing he was going to be annoyed. "In all the time we've been here no one has ever killed a Griever before. When I turned tail and ran this dumb shank stayed behind to help Alby. Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it." There was a silence where everyone hung onto his words desperate to hear what he was going to say. "I say we make him a runner."

Arthur groaned internally and let out a deep sigh, annoyance consuming him.

"A runner? What?" Fry's voice could be heard over everyone which was surprising seeing the pure outrage as Gally's face contorted in pure anger. "Minho, let's not jump the gun, here alright."

"Thomas! Thomas! Thomas!"

Gally moved forward, effectively shutting everybody up. "If you want to throw the Newbie a parade, that's fine." His face was screwed up as he glared everyone down. "Go ahead. But if there is one thing I know about the maze it is that you do not-" There was a grumble and Arthur stood up straight, his arms falling to his sides as he moved past everyone to go outside. Once he made it out he sprinted toward the box, the usual excitement he felt had gone and replaced by a nervous feeling.

As he got to the box he saw the wheeling turning, he let out a sigh before moving toward the edge, standing next to Gally who got there a moment after him. Newt jumped in and Arthur bit his nails as he looked into the box.

"Newt, what do you see? Do you see it?" When Newt looked up his face had contorted into a confused look.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke. "It's a girl."

"He's just seeing things," Jason spoke up from the opposite side of the box and Arthur rolled his eyes. Jason never knew when to shut up or speak properly. Or just not be an idiot it seemed.

"Can you not see the fucking girl in the cage you idiot." He crouched down and glared at Jason before looking at the girl and Newt.

The blonde furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the girl, keeping his distance as if she might jump and kill him. "I think she's dead." Arthur felt Thomas' leg brush against his arm but paid no notice.

"What's in her hand?" Gally nodded to her hand which was clenched shut around something.

"She's the last one... ever." There was a pause where everyone stood dead still, afraid to move. "What the hell does that mean?" There was a sudden gasping and everyone scrambled back. As Newt moved back Arthur gripped his shoulder from where he was kneeling at the edge of the box.