The court trial

Harry's POV:

"Do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"Yes."

I put my hand down and sat down. The room was filled with arrogant, cocky men and women in suits and ties that had probably been ironed for at least five hours and then hairsprayed after that. It smelled like smoke and cologne, mixed with a big splash of seriousness. Never ever in my career had I been in such a situation like this. I mean yeah, sometimes things got pretty serious and crazy, but never like this. For all I knew, my career could be over by the end of this very day. Hopefully not.

"Mr.Styles, on this paper it says that you had two tons of weed in your truck that you were going to use all by yourself. The police found it because you got in a car accident. There were no one else but you present," the judge said and browsed through the papers, her glasses as the tip of her nose.

I nodded along with her words, realizing how ridiculous it all sounded. I mean, why the hell would I need two tons of weed for myself? None of it made sense. I was left with the thought; "How the hell am I going to come out of this mess?"

"Alright, you have Mr. Bolten as your lawyer. Are you ready to defend your defendant Harry Styles?" She asked and looked at John.

He nodded. "Yes, your honour."

The judge smiled and looked at the people surrounding us. There were tons of paparazzis flashing their cameras everywhere, even at the judge. She looked pretty annoyed by it all.

Pft, try having a life like this.

She called up a man and whispered something in his ear. The man nodded and went in the back, starting to chase the paparazzis out of the court. I smiled as I watched their annoyed faces. Suddenly my eyes met two beautiful, familiar ones.

Lucy.

Her breath hitched as she saw me looking at her. It almost looked like she was about to cry. God, I hoped she didn't cry. I wanted to go over to her and hug her and kiss her and tell her everything was going to be okay. She looked so voulnerable, so fragile. Worn out. What had I done to her?

Liam was sitting next to her, followed by Niall, Zayn and Louis. They all looked at me and gave me weak, sad smiles. All I could do was nod back and look back at Lucy. She was wrapped in Liam's arms now, him whispering that it was going to be okay. I was so happy that she had Liam. The other boys were nice too, but Liam was special. He was so caring, so uncontrollably caring.

"Ahem," the judge said, clearing her throat.

My gaze snapped and went to the judge. She looked at me with a serious face. I frowned and looked away. It was uncomfortable to look at her. Well, I guess that's what judges do. They psych you out. Making you fragile and voulnerable.

"Mr. Styles, do you swear by the almighty God you were you all alone on this?" She asked.

Do I lie? Do I tell the truth? I hadn't really planned what to say. I mean I knew she would ask me these obvious things, but I hadn't thought of an answer. Not until now I realized how stupid that was.

"Mr. Styles?" She asked once again, me not answering her question.

"I-I-"

I looked at Lucy, seeing her look at me with worried eyes. I jumped when the judge smashed the gavel on the table multiple times.

"All attention to the judge! Now answer my question!" She yelled angrily.

John looked at me with confused eyes, a bit of hope glimpsing through.

"I was alone."

She sighed, along with John. John knew that I wasn't alone, although I hadn't told him anything. He just knew.
I didn't know how, but he did. The judge wrote something down on a piece of paper. Then she looked at me again.

"Tell me how it happened," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Defendant declared guilty and gets a penalty on 5 years in jail."

Everything stopped around me. No. This couldn't be true. It couldn't. I couldn't go to jail. There was no way this was true. A big lump built up in my throat and I tried holding it in, until I saw Lucy. She was bawling in Liam's arms. And I couldn't be there for her. As I was being led out of the court, the tears streamed down my cheeks and I quietly cursed to myself. Why did I have to be such an idiot? What had I gotten myself into?

"Harry!" I heard someone yell behind me with a heartbreaking voice.

I turned and saw Lucy running towards me through blurred eyes, Liam trying to hold her back. There was nothing I wanted to do more than to run to her and grab her in my arms, holding her there forever. If only I hadn't had these stupid handcuffs on me and guards all around me. It was all so messed up. I didn't even get to say goodbye. She kept running, and I tried to smile at her and mouthed "it's going to be okay." Although I wasn't quite sure if it was. Two police men came over to her and took her away gently, trying to calm her down as she screamed and cried.

I quickly looked away. It was too painful and heartbreaking to watch. Way too painful and heartbreaking to watch.