Rumours and threats

"Lucy" Harry uttered as I walked in to him.

I leaned down and hugged him, kissing the tip of his nose as I pulled away.

"God, I've missed you" he breathed out and smirked at me. "How did you even get through all of the crazy fans? You're practically a prey to them."

"Oh, I have my ways" I answered and smirked mischievously.

He gazed me for a while before the soft smile turned into a frown. I knew exactly why. He looked away from me.

"How are you doing? I mean, with everything going on" I carefully asked, taking his hands as I sat down on a chair next to the hospital bed.

He sighed loudly. "I don't even know what to do, Lucy. I'm being charged for this shit that Ron put me in, and he gets away with it, just like that."

My eyebrows furrowed at the name. It was unfamiliar to me.

"Ron?" I asked, hoping I'd get an answer out of him.

His eyes widened, and I was guessing he wasn't supposed to say his name out loud. He started to look nervous and shaky.

"Lucy, I-I don't know if it's a good idea to-"

"Harry. Please tell me the truth this time" I said seriously, feeling a sense of anger coming upon me for the first time since I found out about the weed.

He was awake now, so I had the time to be mad at him instead of greeving because he might not make it alive.

He shifted and he sat up a bit more. He cleared his throat.

"Ron is the head leader of Warlock, which is the company that I work-"

He stopped himself.

"-worked for. And he takes care of all the deliveries. I only deliver and get them, mostly just from other cities, but this time was different. I had no idea that he was going to hand over two tons of weed to me just like that. I honestly don't know what will happen now, because I bet Ron already knows I trashed the whole deal and ruined everything. He's gonna kill me, Lucy."

My heartbeat raced at his sudden perception. It looked like he was being totally serious. It wasn't a 'he's gonna kill me' as if you didn't pick up your laundry and your mother went crazy mad. It was for real this time.

My eyes filled with concern as I sighed loudly. "I forgive you for now. I can't be mad at you when you're not totally safe."

Harry frowned and took my hand in his. I hesitated but gave in to his touch. Right now a simple touch could be just what we needed. I wasn't completely satisfied with how Harry had lied to me and the boys, but I guess I could pretend like everything was forgotten and forgiven for a while.

I left after we had talked for a while. We mainly talked about how things were going with the boys and with me. I told him I was back at work and about all the fans camping outside of the house. He just chuckled.

I was met by paparazzies and fans when I stepped out of the hospital. They flashed with their cameras and the fans were screaming and shouting death threats to me. It was awful.

"What is wrong with you?!"

"Harry deserves more than trash like you!"

"Don't you need a license to be that ugly? Ew!"

"You deserve to die!"

The horrendous and vicious comments from the fans kept hitting me again and again like a shotgun, whilst I squeazed myself through the crowd, hitching for breath. I tried to shut them out and not bother, but I had never been that kind of person. I acted like a freaking sponge that just sucked everything to me. Or a magnet.

I quickly dried my tears as I sat down in Liam's car. I was really planning on taking the bus, but of course Liam insisted to drive me. He seemed to notice it as I tried my best to hide my tears a bit discretely.

"Lucy? Are you alright?" He asked and scooted a bit closer to me, his eyes worried and confused.

I nodded and tried to fake a smile. "Yeah, of course."

He moved his hand from the steering wheel to my chin. I looked into his eyes, welling up with tears in my own. Why did I always have to break when I looked them in the eyes? Tears fell onto my lap and I quickly looked down.

"Tell me what's wrong" he said with a caring voice.

I shook my head. I didn't want him to know this. Neither did I feel like talking about it.

"Lucy, please."

I sighed and decided to just tell him. He wouldn't accept a no at this point. I knew he wouldn't.

"It's the fans, they.. they said s-some mean things t-to me" I stuttered as my breath hitched.

He removed his hands from my face and put them onto his lap. His body tensed, and his teeth gritted as he groaned.

"You know, sometimes I feel like punching some of those bit-"

"Liam" I stopped him.

I really didn't want him to turn on the fans now because they hadn't really done anything wrong. They were just lovestruck girls who were desperate for the boys, and I accepted that. Although the words cut like knives, I didn't blame them.

He sighed loudly and looked at me again. "I just.. You mean a lot to me, and I won't let those girls get into your head. And don't you dare to either. You don't deserve any of it."

I managed to crack a smile by his kind words. They warmed me inside and washed away some of the words the fans had thrown at me. His words won over the fans'.

"Thank you, Liam" I said and dried the last couple of tears from my cheeks. "I'm feeling better now."

He smiled and started driving home. I put on the radio to get my mind on something else. I secretly hoped a One Direction song was playing.

"Breaking news! Harry Styles happens to be a drug addict? The sources says that the police found five tons of weed in his vehicle when they investigated it. Will this be the end of One Direction?"

Liam quickly turned down the volume. "Bull-fucking shit, it wasn't five tons of weed, it was two! I can't believe those assholes, publishing some shitty lies about Harry!" He yelled. "He wasn't even going to use it himself, he was forced to get them! God, I hate the media sometimes!"

I grabbed Liam's one hand that wasn't on the steering wheel and gently rubbed it. He looked at me and smiled as he noticed I was trying to calm him down.

I knew how much the boys always had to deal with lies and all kinds of rumours, so the best thing I could do was to try and console them the best I could. What I had just gone through was just a fraction of what they had to deal with every day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hey guys! How did you like this chapter? Did you enjoy it? :D I hope you did.

Thank you so much for 800 reads, oh my! This is really overwhelming to me, so thank you thank you thank youuu! Love you guys!

And oh.

Zayn.

I'M NOT GONNA CRY, ALRIGHT.

Please comment and vote because I don't get any comments on this story and not that many votes as I would wish, so please vote and comment if you want, it only takes a second so please take your time! It would mean A LOT. :)

Thanks again for reading this story!

Au revoir! 🍀

-Caroline x.