3| Duelling the Shane

Start from the beginning

"She did it!" Eli cheered as Crystal shot a lime green crystal ball to the ground, crystallising the overgrown vegetation below her.

"Awesome!" I smiled brightly, before focusing back on Durian. "Come on, pal! You can do it too!"

I could see Durian attempting to do a front flip to megamorph, but almost instantly he lost his balance and began to wobble a lot as he soared.

"Durian!" I yelled worriedly for him. I lifted my hands to chest height, gracefully swung them in the air, attempting to stop him from crashing headfirst to the ground. Thankfully, I was able to guide him to crash into a bush. A cloud of purple smoke emerged from within the bush where Durian landed, the leaves of the bush rot almost immediately.

I loaded up Mint into my blaster and fired him at Durian. He megamorphed, before spitting out a long slimy rope from its mouth. He perfectly caught Durian, before pulling him out of the bush. Durian flew towards me through the rope, and I caught him in hand just in time.

"You okay?" I asked the slug in my palm. He got up to his feet and nodded softly at me, before letting out a soft sigh.

"Hey, don't get discouraged, alright?" Eli said to Durian, gently patting his head with his finger. "It's normal for slugs to fail their first shot to megamorph. You'll get there soon. I believe in you."

Durian's face lit up as he squealed, chuckling happily. He then hopped out of my grasp and went to play with the a group of slugs that were riding on bubbles.

I giggled.

Slugs are such simple creatures.

"Thanks babe," I turned to smile at him.

He returned it, giving me a side hug.

"Anytime," he said, before he spun his blaster in his hand and pulled the trigger, firing Burpy.

After every slug get a turn to transform, Eli finally started the slug slinging session.

Yes, even after so many months of training, I have to say he is only a tad bit better than me.

Okay maybe not just a tad bit.

Hence he is the trainer and I'm the trainee.

"Ready to duel?" Eli said, standing across the clearing with that stupidly hot signature smirk of his, his hand hovering just above his blaster.

"I'm going to beat you this time," I smirked at him, strategising my plan in my head and paying attention to any of his sudden moves.

"Wishful thinking," Eli grinned, before he grabbed his blaster and fired Sparky, his Grenuke. I spun my blaster and fired Funnel, my Arachnet. Both slugs transformed and Funnel shot a spider web net at Sparky, taking him down. Funnel shot another web net at Eli, but the net was sawed in half by Buzzsaw, his Thresher.

Aurora chirped from my bandoleer and I picked up her canister, loaded her in before shooting her at Eli. He smirked as he fired his Aquabeek, Beeker. I holstered my blaster, raised my hands in the air to guide Aurora to get out of the way of Beeker's water attack, but Aurora was still too inexperienced to go up against one of Eli's most experienced slugs.

Beeker took her down with a strong splash of water, and after both slugs returned to photoform only did I saw Banger coming at me right after Beeker.

I gasped before jumping out of my spot, Banger crashed at the spot I was mere seconds ago.

"Damn it," I cursed under my breath.

I failed to see Banger coming.

With both sides loaded, I spun my blaster in the air, detached it, before firing Taser and Ash at Eli. Both slugs transformed in midair, screeching at Eli. He spun his blaster, before firing his Rammstone and his Arachnet right after.