As Gareth slammed his axe down on one of the grunts, he suddenly felt a chill run up his spine. He quickly turned and raised his axe in front.

*BOOM!*

Gareth was sent flying back, crashing further into the stands. His axe was smoking, and his arms felt numb from the impact. He had managed to block whatever had attacked him.

"GARETH!" Bete screamed when he saw the dwarf fly off. He moved quickly to reach his wounded comrade. However, a voice sounded right beside him.

"Long time no see, Bete."

Bete quickly turned, but it was too late. A dagger had already stabbed into his gut. He snarled in pain and looked up, his eyes widened when he saw who it was.

"D-Desmond?"

Desmond was a werewolf from the same clan as Bete, the clan that had been wiped out by a monster when Bete was just 12 years old. Desmond had been his childhood friend, along with Reene, and the two of them had been so close they developed a rivalry when they were young, competing to see who was stronger.

Bete saw Desmond for the first time in 10 years. He had thought Desmond was dead, along with everyone else. "Y-you're alive?" Bete raised his hand, wanting to touch the werewolf in front of him to see if he was real.

"Hello, Bete... Miss me?" Desmond then kicked Bete while pulling the dagger out of his body. Bete crashed into the wall, blood spurting from the wound. "Oh, I'm alive alright. But you... You won't be after this."

Desmond charged towards Bete, dagger at the ready. Bete groggily got up and rolled out of the way just in time to dodge another stab.

.
.
.

Meanwhile, Gareth shook his head. He had been fortunate to block whatever had hit him, but that didn't mean he had escaped without injury. He sensed that spine-chilling magic once more, and he quickly moved to the side to dodge it. As he rolled to his feet, he retrieved his axe and threw it towards his attacker.

His axe cleaved through the creature that had attacked him—an ominous chimera. But that was the least of his problems. He saw multiple chimeras rushing towards him and the other members of the Loki familia. In his peripheral vision, he saw Bete locked in combat with another werewolf, and although he wanted to help, he knew he needed to prioritize the weaker members of his familia. Bete could take care of himself. These chimeras were strong, and Gareth could feel it. If one of them had been able to send him flying, then he knew the others would be in danger if he didn't step in.

"Damn you, Evilus!" he snarled as he rushed back into the battlefield, picking up his axe in the process.

.
.
.

Finn was busy relaying orders to his familia members as he observed the battlefield along with Riveria. His strategic prowess was on full display as he quickly deployed the stronger members to assist the others. His thumb throbbed with pain, a constant reminder.

"Finn, these chimeras are troublesome. Some of them have strength comparable to level 5s," Riveria said after launching her magic at a group of Evilus members.

"I can see that. Damn it, I thought we wiped these guys out ages ago," Finn replied in frustration.

"Oh, you did give it your best shot, though." A voice sounded from behind the two. Finn quickly turned and rushed towards the voice, his spear glowing as he loaded mana into it.

Finn's spear clashed with the man's sword. The two engaged in a fierce exchange of strikes and parries.

"Jillian, of course you're still alive!" Finn said with a low, dangerous tone.