Chapter 32: PSB vs Kaito Kid Part III

Start from the beginning

"Eh?! Azuza-san, I thought were watching the monitor with Ran and Sonoko." Conan turned around as Azuza came.

"Well you see, I'm a fan of Kaito Kid too!" Azuza explained.

Suddenly a white mist floated into the room, causing everyone to cough.

"Damn it I can't see anything!" Nakamori grumbled.

"Cover your mouth with a handkerchief!" Amuro told us, since there weren't enough masks for everyone.

Once the mist cleared I gasped when I saw a Kaito Kid card on the case. It read, "I've successfully retrieved the Queen's Bang!"

*******************

"Perhaps he just a put a card so that he could pretend to steal it!" Jirokichi shouted.

"Another one of Kaito Kid's tricks! Cut the power to the case." Nakamori ordered his policeman and started heading to the case.

"Wait please!" Amuro stopped Nakamori. "You might be Kaito Kid in disguise."

"You could easily approach the case and switch out the tiara and hide it in your pocket." Kazami explained.

"Then let's have Conan-kun check the case." I suggested.

"There's no way Kid could disguise as him." Saguru agreed.

Conan grabbed a chair and opened the case. "It's gone!" he exclaimed.

The tiara was missing??? How?!

"Search every corner of the building!" Nakamori ordered.

******************

Conan POV

Jirokichi and Nakamori both wore masks, so it would unlikely for Kaito Kid to be disguised as them... but he has disguised as people with masks before so that is inconclusive.... I need to first investigate the people who didn't wear masks when the gas entered the room - Amuro, Azuza, Kazami, Saguru, and Kaiya.

"Hey, Amuro-niichan," I tugged at his sleeve. "What was the new item at Poirot Cafe?"

"Why are you asking that now?" Amuro responded. "But to answer your question, it's called cabonara. You should ask Azuza-san too."

Following his advice, I went to Azuza. "Azuza-neechan... what is Poirot's new menu?" I asked.

"The boss gave it a weird name... it was called charcoal grilled something." Azuza replied. "Is there something wrong with it...?"

"No its nothing, I just want to try it someday!" I said childishly in response. "By the way, how were you able to take time off today?" I asked.

"The cafe is closed for repairs to the AC." Azuza replied.

Hmm... its still possible for Kaito Kid to have overheard the AC stuff but their responses still check out.

I then ran to Kazami. "Ehm hi Kazami-san right?"

"Shh" he whispered. "Don't call me by my real name."

"S-Sorry I just heard Amuro-san on the phone with you... anyways you're off duty today right? What were you doing at that time?" I asked.

"Conan-kun, people like the PSB cannot talk about themselves openly like that." Amuro told me.

"O-Oh yes right." I nodded.

"Anyways, how did the heist's scene look like?" Amuro whispered to Kazami.

"There wasn't anything that caught my eye." Kazami replied.