o n e // i've come home

IT was another two weeks before Jolie could finally get everything in order and book a one way ticket to Charming

IT was another two weeks before Jolie could finally get everything in order and book a one way ticket to Charming. A place she had promised herself she would never live in again, but life had other plans for her it seemed.

It had only taken her a few hours to pack up her small Brooklyn apartment, most of her stuff would be going into storage anyway. It's not like she needed much in Charming besides her clothes and a few other things. Luckily her landlord had given her a break by letting Jolie out of her lease a few months early—he had a niece that needed an apartment so it was a win-win situation.

The Unser woman also already had an interview set up at St Thomas for next week. It seemed her shitty hometown was still in need of nurses. What a perfect time for her to move back home, right?

A sadness creeped into her body as her brown eyes took in the empty apartment. This place had been her home for the last ten years, right after she graduated from nursing school. Jolie could remember ever scuff mark on the wood floors, every neighbor who had come and gone, and all hung over afternoons she spent on the living room. It felt like a death leaving this place behind, but it was for her dad—her rock. She'd do anything for him.

A soft sigh fell from Jolie's lips as grabbed her suitcase, placing the key on the counter before exiting the apartment with tears in her eyes.

"JFK?" The taxi cab driver questioned as smoke poured from his mouth.

Jolie nodded as she slid into the taxi, placing her suitcase on the sticky leather seat next to her. "Yes, please." She answered as she quickly wiped at her eyes.

——

JOLIE didn't call her mom once the plane landed like Della had demanded of her. No, instead she sent a text letting her know which resulted in a passive aggressive response from the matriarch asking why Jolie hadn't called instead of texting, because Della Unser hated texting.