See Who I Am [Part 2]

3rd person's POV

"....Is this enough, Master Diluc?" Venti repeats the question since everyone is still stunned by it.

"What do you mean?" replies the red haired man with a pissed tone. "Two people are not being listed. If I don't get all the info the deal is off, bard."

"Argh, I don't want to!"

Wait.... Is it for what I think it is? Aether tries his guess, not very sure if that is the reason. "Is it because you have to talk about Ahlstarr?"

"Yes!"

"Oh.... Do you hate him that much, Lord Barbatos?" asks Jean, curious but also surprised that such free soul is capable of despise someone to this point.

"That stupid half-breed is such a pain and I hate the fact that I have to praise him!" Venti now reassamble more a kid than a god.

"Well either way, he's one of your friends I have my eyes on the most." Diluc don't budge though. "Him and Arius are the ones I find scarier."

"....I thought you had sharper eyes, Master." Barbatos sighs and gives in, swallowing his pride as well. "Recalcitrant, carefree and owner of playful attitude combined with an insane love for wars and money. As you saw already, he's also bold, not fearing to insult or ignore those who dares to pick up a fight. Many mistakes him for the black sheep of the team, but behind his sharp tongue lays masterful hands and keen eyes. Not only he's a very powerful and capable lancer, but the same hands that spin any spear with elite skills, are very patient and delicate to say the least. He's in charge of sewing clothes for his mistress first, but for also his brothers after all. He adjusts the clothing items according to the owner's requests and body shape, and for how much he loves being extravagant, he will not complain about his family's options. The same treatment doesn't go for everybody else though, he'll judge anyone based on their style and he'll not be merciful about it."

That was the only reason he wanted to make a new hairpiece? Think Aether, clearly remembering what was told him in the dungeon.

"Jala was the last joining, warmly welcomed nevertheless. Very innocent and playful, worthy of the youngest one but he went under the same training the rest had, so he knows how to defend people, get things done swiftly and quickly. But unlike the other three, he sprinkles whatever situation with a lot of humor, often unwanted but cannot be stopped. He enjoys Sensei's attention; like a puppy wants to play all the time and spend time with her. He enjoys laying his head on her lap and listen to her singing even when he falls asleep. Jala let only her brush his feathers and touch him in general, but deep inside he's just terrified he'd be abandoned again, so he tries to stay happy and be cheerful. He's pretty versatile in battle however he's very sensitive, and can be easily shaken. But the harmony of the party keeps his mind stable and healthy, which was the main goal after all. There, are you satisfied, Master Diluc?"

"I have just a question, Lord Barbatos." Jean raises her hand and scoops closer. "Why did you say that about Diluc's eyes? Was he wrong about assuming-"

"Yes, he was." Venti looks ahead, at the first shadows of the city. "I never saw him upset, but that's also why Master Diluc is wrong. Izel is the one you should be scared of."

"The butler? He is the most reasonable person in that party."

"Indeed, he might be. Although, do not trust his calmness, for that hides something even I never saw." the bard looks straight into the knights' eyes and adds: "Did you notice that he has his hands always concealed? He keeps them joined behind his back all the time, if not for chores of course."

"Now that you mention it..." Paimon joins and confirms the fact, remembering that she could see his hands at work only for chores, otherwise they are basically invisible.