Kalokagathia

3rd person's POV

Aether separated from Venti shortly after leaving the tavern. The blonde boy spend time reflecting while walking around to pick stuff from the camping night ahead of him. When he goes back to Angel's Share, a very feeble melody escapes from underneath the door.
He decides to enter silently, so he can enjoy whoever is playing. However, once he closed the door, his eyes glue right away on Venti and the Noble sat in front of each other, both eyes are gently closed and while Venti's fingers work their magic on the lyre, he hums along with his mentor, harmonizing with her voice, creating a timbre so soave and relaxing, everyone realize they won't dare speak and cause the interruption of such wonder of art.

It sounds like a very gentle and touching lullaby... Aether closes his eyes and feels his body so light like it was enveloped by soft clouds. Even with no words, I can imagine it with ease.

"Venti, dinner is ready." Izel's deep voice interrupts the singers and like and anchor, brings the enchanted back to earth. "Enjoy." he lays the plate with care, then goes back behind the counter to clean up.

"Thanks, my friend! You're the greatest chef, anybody fight me on this!" the bard turns the lyre into green sparkles and scoops closer to the table to dig in.

"People are offering help for your problem and you are more invested in a fuckin' plate of chicken nuggets. You are so shameless." Ahlstarr comments almost disgusted by how Barbatos devour the food. "Dumbass kid."

"I don't hear insults coming from who snores like a bear when he sleeps and has spasms like a dying animal."

"You-" Ahlstarr blushes to the point of matching the crimson shade of his eyes. He slams the glass on the table and stand up pointing his finger towards the other. "Don't you see my scar!? I couldn't regenerate the bones that flew off my face, thank you very much! And the spasms were caused for a brain injury, motherf-"

"Come on Ahl, he's just messing with you." Arius makes the other sit with a warming giggle of enjoyment. "You shouldn't be embarrassed of your scars. No one is making fun of you for it, relax."

"Oh shut it, mad archer! Must be nice being a human, huh?"

"It's not, actually. Your own body sabotages you and you don't understand why." Arius chuckles when Ahlstarr first frown his brows in an expression that could be easily translated with 'bullshit', then shakes his head like a wet animal to aggressively deny what his companion just said. "Are you sad and stressed? Have some acne. You don't exercise enough? Knee pain and/or back pain. You exercised too much? Same pain. You didn't sleep much? You are tired. You slept too much? And guess what, you are tired. You can't win."

"That's not sabotage, idiot! That's how your body is trying to warn you to fix stuff-"

"Ahl dear, lower your voice a little." like a sedative, the woman's voice calms the raging man in matter of seconds. And what shocks the viewers is how fast Ahlstarr's gaze changes.

He has such sharp, mean and cold gaze, however as soon as he makes eye contact with Lady Y/n, it grows so soft. They all think, until Izel notices that the last guest arrived and it is time to talk about business.

Under the right-man suggestions, Jean, Diluc, Venti and Aether share intel and ideas about the missions. The Noble stays out of the conversation unless someone directly speaks to her. However not intervening doesn't mean she doesn't listen and visualize the plan in her mind. Despite her silence, she worries for Venti and Aether's well being in the future battle, so she finds inner peace by planning back up plans in case someone gets hurt and the team needs to withdraw.

I must stay out of mortals' business, yet I cannot abandon such brave spirits. She closes her eyes and plays with her rings. I will save them if something doesn't go according to their plan, even if it will make me sick for a while it's a prize I am willing to pay.

Nobilis Custosजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें