Let the Leathery Lounge Leeway

Practice was as expected; Rocky not striding perfectly, yet doing his best for the first time. Took several minutes to adjust with Billy on the new, Leathery Saddle. But at least the pals were having a great time in the process. Giggling of enjoyment learning this as they go.

  Rocky had already envisioned how the race would feel like; he was feeling a slight edge of doubt but trusted Billy on the saddle to be his guide.

  Billy enjoyed his yoshi much more than he'd desired winning with a plain, normal yoshi who could win or lose like it was nothing. To Billy, competition needs to be an adventure; a challenge he can reach by taking risks.

  "You'll get there, my friend." Billy said, leaning his head against the saddle. Rocky acknowledged back with a slow nod with Mott by their side. Rocky practiced running around, pacing himself to maintain balance. "Go left," Billy demanded softly, enough where Rocky could focus and listen in, "turning is important when timed right." Billy explained, with a motivated pitch.

  Rocky progressively improved his running skills, dodging proportionally and diving head first into experimenting turning swiftly. Mott held his hands together, happily tearing at Rocky's ability to work himself well, especially in the mild heat. Rocky was sweating his belly sturdily while Billy had his karate gi dripped with nasty sweat too.

  Evening was around the corner, Rocky ran a habitat this pure day. Billy stayed on the saddle until they returned home. "Woo! That was something!" Billy yelled playfully, laying on top of Rocky's tip of his shoulder. "Hehe, yep." Rocky replies panting heavily, slowly dragging his warm, denim boots across the dirt. Mott followed silently behind them.

  Rocky arrived at his house, and Billy hopped off, with his hands pressing against his own strong knees. "I'll be moving with Billy for the remainder of the break." Mott laid out as Billy hopped on Mott's saddle. "You take care of yourself, buddo" Mott added, blushing back at Rocky's glare of joy. "Will do." Rocky responded calmly with a long yawn.

  Mott trotted back towards their home, with Billy thrusting roughly to wear his last bit of energy off before shortly dozing off to sleep right as they reached their doorstep. Rocky smiled faintly and ventured inside his house and prepared to sleep. Things were getting interesting for Rocky and Billy, as they realized the big competition was only 2 days away.