"I'm sorry Dad, Mom." Cristine apologize. "We're okay now, so please don't worry about what happened back then."

She felt happy to see the sadness in the old woman's eyes before they left, she felt that Christian's father had a grudge against the old woman that she needed to find out.

Can she use Mr Sedrick against that old woman?

-----

Neli's long question was answered, Sedrick was her father-in-law's big brother, but she immediately noticed Grandma's worried face when he approached their place earlier.

"Did something happen between Grandma and your uncle?" she asked Caleb as they ate.

"I heard Uncle Sedrick got mad at Grandma when she forced him to marry Aunt Cristine." Caleb answered. "Since they got married, uncle never came back to the mansion and cut all his ties to the family, that's what I know."

So, Grandma arranged his Uncle married as well that's why he acted like that in front of Grandma, maybe he was hurt by what Grandma did to him. But she noticed that Caleb's uncle cares about his children, especially the two young ladies besides Aunt Cristine, perhaps he was just disappointed back then because he loved someone else before but he couldn't do anything when Grandma married him to another woman.

Neli turned her attention as the program began for her grandfather-in-law's after they had eaten, the Valdez family showed off five luxury cars worth fifteen million dollars, an expensive jewelry, a lot of branded bags and the latest gadgets and all the guests were happy and excited to know who won the raffle.

"Ohh, I want the red car." Neli joked to her husband.

"I can buy you more than that, my dear." Caleb replied making her laugh.

"And I want the bags too."

"I will buy whatever you want tomorrow."

The winners of the raffle for the gadgets were called to the stage one by one, she screamed with joy when she saw her two step-sisters going on the stage to receive the latest phones, all the kids won the latest gadgets as well.

After giving out all the gadgets to the children, the raffle began for those who will be given branded bags and expensive jewelry when the light inside the hall suddenly went out.

"Caleb?"

She immediately felt her husband hug her to protect her.

"Stay still."

The guest was gasping and screaming when they heard loud gun shots, she also couldn't stop screaming at the same time as the gun was fired.

Her heart was pounding with fear, she knew their plan but they didn't mention that there would be gunshots, she couldn't help but feel scared when she heard the loud gunshots coming from somewhere.

After the loud gun shots, the light returned.

"What happened?"

"Did you hear that?"

"Are you all right?"

Neli heard the guests asking and looking at the person beside them.

"Caleb, are you--."

"HONEY!!"

"MOM!!"

When they turned to Grandma's place at the top of the stage, her knees immediately went weak when she saw Grandma lying on the floor while her whole body was full of blood, Caleb's hug tightened around her as her whole body lost strength. He immediately sat her on the chair, then touched her cheek.