"Hi, Y/n!"

She wipes away some tears before turning around. Gally is running toward her.
"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Sure, why?"

"I heard some Shanks talking about Newt and Alby fighting. About Newt wanting to drop the rule against dating?
I assume that's not because Newt wants to date Winston? Plus, you're clearly about to cry."

Y/n can't hold herself together and gives Gally a hug.
"Ow, okay." He doesn't know what to do with it. She never gave him a hug before. And he'll have to try and comfort her a bit.

"I'm not really a hugger, but doesn't matter, I guess."
He awkwartely hugs her back because she keeps holding on to him. She's crying. Gally is taller than her and places his chin on top of her head.

"Okay, Y/n. Why don't you tell me what happened?"

"It's fine, don't worry. It's not that you care about it."
Y/n wants to go away again, ashamed of how she had just been hugging Gally. But he takes her arm so she would stay.

"Of course I care. I've talked with Newt about his feelings, and I want to listen to you, too."

Y/n gives him a little smile.
She sometimes forgets how Gally is sometimes actually really sweet to her. Newt had told her that Gally would love to see them two together.

"I don't really know what happened exactly. I wasn't there. But I know that Alby doesn't want me and Newt to date. And we have to stop spending time together."

Gally actually feels bad for the girl.
"Alby can be a real shuck-face sometimes. Lots of times, in my opinion."

"I agree."

"Is there something I can do for you?"

"I don't know, convince Alby to shut up and drop the stupid rule?"

"I'll talk with Newt, maybe he got any ideas. I'd like to help. And I don't think Newt will just give up on you."

Y/n doesn't reply and just gives Gally a sad smile.

"You two were already a thing, weren't you?" Gally asks Y/n.

She looks up at him and looks confused.
"How do you know that?"

"I know you guys all too well, I could just see it in your eyes.
And it's kinda obvious."

"We tried to hide it."

"Yeah, well, I saw you guys kiss a few minutes ago. And I'm not the only one who saw it."

"I don't really care about it. It was a goodbye kiss."
A tear falls down Y/n's cheek again.

"It's gonna be alright, Y/n. Newt will fix this. I'll go talk with him, okay?"

"Yes, thank you for helping," Y/n says as Gally is leaving again.

•••

It has been three hard days for Y/n and Newt.

The first day, Y/n had been crying her eyes out. She felt like a little baby, but she couldn't help herself. Not knowing when she will be with Newt again is hard.

Minho is trying everything to make her feel better. He's taking shorter runs, so he has more time for Y/n.
He's a bit of a distraction, so she won't only think about Newt all day.

Newt doesn't have a lot of time to think about Y/n either. Alby makes sure he's working constantly.

He has to think about things they can build, new weapons, and even has been studying the map of the Maze.
Alby would oblige him to be a Runner if he didn't have that limp. He's doing everything to keep Newt away from his love.