The alpha having snapped back to reality walks closer to us. His strange scent that awakens my wolf becomes even more powerful that I almost stumble away. I look at him and his eyes are dancing all over me almost lighting me up in the process. The guy is intense and my reaction to it is almost embarrassing. I don’t like it or him. 

“It is a pleasure to be in your presence, Alpha Summer and thank you for allowing us here.” Alpha Ares says as a huge grin forms on his mouth. I stare at the perfectly arranged dentals in his mouth and it irritates me.

“Well, do no celebrate yet. You informed my beta that you are planning to stay here for an unknown period of time but that is not it. I will only allow you to be here for two weeks, maximum. By then, I am hopeful you’ll be satisfied with your findings.” I explain and yet his smile does not falter or change.

“That is so gracious of you, Alpha Summer.” It irritates me.

“Well, beta Micah will take you to the cabins you will be occupying while you are here. Also, a schedule will be provided for you in order to familiarize yourself with what goes on in the pack.”

The schedule provided only work while they are in the pack and the moment they are gone they’ll be a completely different one in place. It is an important skill that I have learnt; be wary of everyone because you can never tell who has ulterior motives. Each and every one here will be assigned someone who will watch their every single move.

“Thank you again for having us, Alpha Summer.” The beta speaks and I almost roll my eyes.

It is not like I had a choice. Pack alliances are necessary for packs to thrive. A lone pack cannot thrive all alone; it is bound to fall and shatter.
I turn to Alpha Ares only to find him already looking at me. Without my permission, heat floods my cheeks for whatever reason that is. The sight of his face irritates me and I don’t know how to handle the emotion.

“Is there anything else you may require, Alpha Ares?” I ask, staring into his eyes, eyes that keep calling out to me.

“Yes, I was hoping for a tour of your pack while my pack goes to the cabin. Roan is capable of leading them while I am away for a while.” He says, his eyes flashing with strange emotions I cannot read. I was hoping to escape him from the time being but its proving to be difficult.

“That is okay. Asher can accompany us.” I say and I think I imagine it when his face falls only in the slightest. Was he planning on attacking me or something? That would be completely dumb on his part.

“That would be great.” I watch as Micah walks away with members of Ares’ pack until they disappear in the distance towards the many cabins located near the pack house. The cabins had been recently renovated just for this s particular thing.

I lead Alpha Ares further into my pack, vaguely aware of Asher trailing behind us. I am proud of what I have achieved in the pack so far. Without Logan, the pack is free to grow and thrive as it desires, myself only giving it a gentle nudge in the right direction.

By the end of the short tour around my pack, a grin is already occupying the alpha’s mouth. “Your pack is flourishing at your hands, Alpha Summer, your mate would be proud.” He tries to compliment and I barely hold back a flinch.

Noticing the shift in my emotions, his eyes fill with concern and shame. The fact that I deduce the emotions shocks me even further. “I apologize. That was quite inconsiderate of me.”

“It is okay Alpha Ares, Logan is bound to appear in some conversation so don’t fret.” I assure him hoping the emotions will leave his eyes. I never knew eyes could be so expressive, so full of emotions like his are, or maybe I’m being quite delusional.

“Nonetheless, I apologize for that.” He insists and the only acknowledgement I offer is a nod of my head.

This alpha is proving to be more challenging that I first anticipated. The purring of my wolf at his close proximity to me is irritating and completely flabbergasting.

“It is almost time for dinner. We should head back.” I tell him leading him towards a huge cabin that they share with his beta.

“You can share this cabin with your beta for easier communication. I will see you at dinner. Please keep time.” I state the moment we are standing by his cabin’s door.

He turns to look at me and I find myself getting lost in his gaze. His eyes shift from my eyes to my cheeks towards my nose and they fall on my lips. A strange flare rushes through me before it completely stills me to my core. I recognize what it is and tears almost forms in my eyes. He is a man, a man that can hurt me, a man that can use me, and a man that can shatter my emotions with no remorse. What am I thinking?

“See you later, alpha Ares.” I mutter before dashing away not waiting for his reply.

There is no way I am letting any man get close to me ever again no matter how curious my wolf is.

________

I am very poor at description, as noticed but I'm getting there so, it's okay.

Please note that Ares is not Summer’s second chance mate or anything like that. Summer would never accept him if he was. Logan destroyed Summer’s perception of mates and she would have rejected him instantly if that was the case.

However, I am here to make sure Summer gets the best experience in love ☺ I do not know how but I want her to be so loved that she doesn’t know what to do with it.

So what are your thoughts?

Predictions?

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.