Chapter 3

Echo tapped the keys and glanced at the monitor with hope.
~Error~
She slumped her shoulders in defeat. "Some entries will be harder to decode then others. You are still doing well." Orion reassured her. Echo gave him a nod when suddenly a warning popped up on her visor.
/!\ Security Breech /!\
Echo turned away from the curious Orion Pax and activated the panel on her other arm. A monitor and second keypad formed and Echo began to type onto it. "Is something wrong?" Orion asked. Echo waved him off and accessed the security cameras. An image of a blue motorcycle going down the hall appeared. She quickly sent the footage to Soundwave. Echo typed and activated the notification that alerts any vechion guards nearby.
"Echo . . ?"
She quickly closed up the monitor and panel. Yes? Echo typed turning around. "Is everything alright?" Orion asked. She nodded. Just checking to make sure the suite's systems were fully functional Echo typed. "Why do you wear the mobile suite." Orion said. To protect my soft body Echo said patting her chest. "Are you in danger?" Orion asked. Maybe in danger from Autobots Echo thought. She went back to the Iacon console and began typing again.
~Error~
She kicked the desk in frustration. Orin picked her up and placed her in his servo. "Why don't you rest a moment." Orion said. Echo shook her head. I'm not tired Echo typed. "That is not what I meant. Trying to do a complex task while frustrated is a bad idea." Orion said. Echo lowered her head slightly. You have a good point She typed.
Faint blasts suddenly echoed down the hall. He turned and started walking towards the door. Echo tugged on one of his digits. "What is going on out there?" Orion asked. Training Echo typed not knowing what else to say. She recognized the blue motorcycle as the Autobot Arcee, she was probably trying to get to Orion/Optimus. "Training you say." Orion said raising an optic ridge. Her spark sunk at the look in his optics, he didn't believe her. Soundwave taught me never to lie! Its not my fault! Echo thought as Orion opened the door.
Two vechions ran past. The second paused and turned towards them. "Orion and Echo, please return to your station. Lord Megatron's orders." The vechion said before continuing to run down the hall. A look of confusion showed on Orion's face. Listen to him, there's probably a vechion and Insecticon fight Echo typed since it happened sometimes. Orion looked even more confused and started to follow. Scrap! Echo thought. Megatron would kick her off the ship - literally - if Orion saw Arcee. She tensed at the sound of the rumbling engine. Echo began to press the button on the side of her helmet. It sent words in series of clicks to Soundwave who was the only one that could understand this form of morse code. Orion left and is on his way to find out what's going on Echo clicked.
Objective: stall Orion Echo received. She took a breath as an idea popped into her mind. She clutched her stomach and collapsed onto his servo. "Echo? Are you unwell?" Orion asked with a worried tone. He stopped and looked down at her. She twisted her face and threw her head back. The visor slid back showing her face of agony. Echo squeezed her eyes shut and let out a silent scream. She fought back a smile when she heard a ground bridge open up and the engine was no longer heard. "Hold on, I'll get help." Orion said. Echo relaxed her face and gave a weak nod. Orion rounded the corner and found Soundwave. "I think something is wrong with Echo." Orion said. Soundwave gently took the girl into his servos. Status Soundwave said using his sonar tone. Orion was stalled Echo typed. Soundwave shook his helm 'no'. Echo tilted her head. Minor success with Iacon files Echo typed. "something is wrong with Echo." Soundwave replayed. Echo slid her visor back. She smiled and shook her head 'no'. Echo tenses up at a low rumble. "something is wrong." He replayed while getting a little bag out of his subspace. He placed it in front of Echo and she immediately started going through it. She found a sandwich, two apples, a bottle of water, and . . . chocolate! Echo gave a soundless gasp and hugged one of Soundwave's digits. Soundwave leaned forward a little and gently patted her head. He straightened up a second later and Echo released his digit. She picked up the bag and slid her visor down. Soundwave held the servo she was on out to Orion. Better now, I just got hungry Echo typed. "I see. I heard a commotion, what was going on?" Orion asked taking Echo into his servos. Soundwave turned away from him and moved down the hall. He must not have known either Echo said covering for her guardian. Orion hummed and started to head back.