Rachel and more

Tim woke up and sleepily reached for his wife. His hand couldn't get a grip of her, so he opened his eyes, only to discover that Lucy wasn't in bed. He rubbed his eyes and got up, "Luce?" He asked loudly.
"In here!" Came her voice from the bathroom.
Tim walked into the bathroom and saw Lucy pacing, her phone in her hand. "What's wrong?"
Lucy sighed and shoved her phone at him. Tim tried to read the text she was showing him, still sleepy.
"What's that?" He asked again.
Lucy, clearly annoyed, swatted his arm. "Concentrate. I have been invited to a high school reunion!"
"Congratulations?" Tim wasn't really sure why she was so out-stressed about it.
"Do you know what that means?" She asked, wide eyed.
"It meaaaaans," he really tried to think of something that she would want to hear, "shopping? Uhm good snacks."
"What? Tim! This is serious."
"Ouh my god baby, please tell me. I'm so tired from last night." He took his toothbrush and started to get ready.
Lucy grinned slightly at the mentioning of last night. They had a late dinner and some wine, it can be said that they didn't catch that much sleep.
"It means that I get to see my ex and my ex best friend and all the other idiots that made fun of me."
Tim spit out his toothpaste and turned around. "They made fun of you? Why?"
"Because I quiet for police school. Rachel was the only one that believed that I could do it."
He took her hand and squeezed it, "well you became a police officer, you're a damn detective. And you have a handsome husband." He added grinning, "my point is. They were all wrong and you're amazing. They were just too dumb to see that, especially your ex. I mean come on? Leaving you? Dumbest decision he could have ever made."
Lucy smiled a bit at him, "you're really smug about that handsome commend, do you know that?"
Tim just laughed and kissed her, "I love you baby. If you want to go and prove that you're the best detective out there, I'd be happy to be by your side. If not, we can do something fun alone."
"Thanks babe." Lucy smiled up at him, "okay we will go. But we need to go shopping, you need a sharp suit."
"Excuse me? I have sharp suits."
Lucy made a Face.

"I hate that we're actually going." Lucy said, fidgeting with her hands.
"It will be fine baby. We just stay for an hour, like you said." Tim took her hand in his and parked the car in front of a restaurant.
"Okay, let's get this over with. I mean at least Rachel will be there."
"Yeah, that's gonna be a bit weird."
"Doesn't has to be. You can be as cute as you usually are." Lucy got out of the car and waited for Tim.
"I'm not cute." Tim got out himself and walked over to Lucy, looping his arm around her waist and dropping a kiss on her crown.
Lucy gave him the look, "Mhh not cute at all babe, noooo."
Tim just pulled a face himself and walked to the entrance. Lucy laughed a bit and walked with him. At the entrance sat a woman her age, she was all smiley and welcomed the other guests.
"Hi, uhm Lucy Chen plus one." Lucy said, the moment that it was her turn.
"Ouh my gosh Lucy? Hi it's me Vanessa?"
Lucy needed a moment to think, but than she remembered Vanessa. They were actually good friends in school.
"Ouh hi Vanessa, how are you doing?" Lucy asked smiling.
"Ugh. Barely holding it together actually. Three kids and a lazy husband. I swear if I wouldn't love that man he would already sit on the street."
Lucy laughed a bit, "Well congratulation to the kids."
"Thanks, angels. How about you?"
"I'm with my husband and our four and a ha,f kids." Lucy grinned up at Tim and laid a hand on his chest. Tim dropped a kiss on her cheek.
Vanessa eyed him for a second, "Damn Luce. You got some good Taste." She smiled and wrote Lucys name down on a nameplate. "And what's your name?"
"Tim." He answered shortly.
Vanessa looked at him, waiting for more. "Bradford." He added. She smiled at him and handed them their plates.
"Have fun, Lucy we need to catch up over a drink."
Lucy nodded and walked into the restaurant, Tim at her side.
"Are you hungry baby?"
"Nah thanks though, how about we get a drink?" Lucy asked him, not willing to let go of his hand. Tom nodded, "I hope they have some good beer here."
"Sure." They got a drink and talked with some people. Lucy avoided the groups she didn't liked from her old days.
"So what are you doing now Lucy?" Vanessa asked her, sipping on her wine.
"I'm a detective" Lucy smiled.
"Ouh wow, you really became a police officer? That's impressive."
"Thanks, it was not easy," she said, eyeing Tim, who just grinned at her, "But I made it work."
"That's so cool. What are you doing?" She asked Tim.
Tim took a sip from his beer before answering. "I'm a Metro Sergeant."
Vanessa smirked at Lucy, "Damn, same station?"
Lucy nodded, "Tim was actually my training officer."
Vanessa gaped at them, "Ouh my god, you two are sneaky. You need to tell me everything. I'm a sucker for these romantic stories."
Lucy laughed and agreed nodding.
"Lucy, Tim?" A voice asked, both turned around and saw Rachel walking to them.
Lucy embraced her in a hug, "Ouh Racheeeel, I missed you so much."
Rachel smiled and hugged her just as tight, "I missed you too Luce." They pulled away and Tim and Rachel hugged as well for a short moment.
"it's really good to see you two again. And now you're married and have those cute potato's." Rachel grinned at them, she was really happy for them. No hard feelings.
"thanks" Tim said, a small smile on his lips. He still liked Rachel, he would never hold a brunch against her for moving away. If she hadn't, he probably wouldn't have ended up with the love of his life.
Rachel said her hellos to Vanessa and they talked for a while. Tim was getting really tired from handling the kids this morning, he was standing behind Lucy and his brain just snapped out of functioning, he definitely forgot that he wasn't supposed to be all cute. He wrapped his arms around her waist and laid his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes for a minute.
Rachel and Vanessa smirked at her, on which Lucy just smiled softly. She gently caressed the back of Tim's head.
"babe, are you good?" She asked, Tim nodded, still not getting his head up.
"Do you want to go–"
"Lucy!" She got interrupted. Lucy turned her head and saw her old best friend and ex boyfriend walking towards them.
"Oh uhm Brian, Shira. Hey." She said shortly and tensed.
Tim felt the change within Lucy and looked up.  He put one and one together, frowning. So that's the bastard that decided to cheat at her.
"How are you doing?" Shira smiled at her.
Tim pressed a kiss to Lucy's neck and stood tall again.
"uhm great thanks." Lucy really wasn't into talking to them. Shira looked her up and down and than towards Tim, who was still holding Lucy pressed  against his chest.
"So you got married?"
Lucy shock her head, "Yes, that's Tim."
Shira nodded, "We got married a few years ago. Right Brian?"
Brian nodded and eyed Lucy, "So what are you up to these days?"
"Uhm I am a detective."
"Ouh wow, never thought that you could make it. I mean you never really were into your psychology studies."
"Well yeah that wasn't really my thing." Lucy said, grabbing Tim's hand.
"Mhh great." Shira smiled fake at her, "Ouh you have to see our kid, he's a sport genius."
Brian nodded, "best football player in L.A."
"Ouh that reminds me. I read an article about an Theodore and Finnegan Bradford, beating some junior league football records." Rachel grinned at them, "your potato's I assume?"
Lucy grinned at her, thankful to have her by her side. "Yeah. They play wonderful."
"They train with an old friend of mine, Eric Weddle." Tim said, just as thankful for Rachel as Lucy.
"Wait wait wait. The football player Eric Weddle?" Vanessa asked and Tim nodded.
"Oh my god." Vanessa grabbed Tims arm, "your a gold donkey. Can you introduce me to him? I would leave my husband any second for that gorgeous men!"
Tim laughed, "I'm afraid he's taken."
"That's a shame, why are all good men's taken?!" Vanessa complained.
"that's sick. You're boys are trained by an actual superstar" Brian said, clearly not noticing that his wife was getting pissed off.
"How are the other three?" Rachel asked, she definitely was on revenge for Lucy.
"Fei is doing really good, she loves the station and can't wait to start police school, all though she's still so young. And Matthew just got his first boyfriend, you should see how in love that seven year old boy is." Tim answered proudly.
"Tamara is still visiting for some weekends but she got a boyfriend and is about to kick ass in her job." Lucy added.
"You've got five kids?" Shira asked.
Lucy nodded smiling.
"Ouh my gosh, how did you do that? I mean I can't imagine to give birth to a second child, they really destroy a body and the first few years gosh awful exhausting."
"Well Uhm I actually only gave birth to two of them. We put Tamara in when she was a teenager and than we adopted baby twins from New York." Lucy smiled at Rachel, "thanks to Rachel."
"You two are the best parents the boys could have asked for."
"You must have have a nanny right?" Brian asked.
Lucy didn't knew what they were still doing here, clearly nobody wanted to talk to them.
"No. We handle it without a nanny."
"Great. Well I guess we see each other later." Shira said and finally took off with Brian.
Vanessa was about to say something but Tim had a coughing fit. Lucy snapped her attention to Tim and soothed his back, before reaching into her bag and pulling out some medication.
"Take it, please." She said, handing him a water as well.
Tim didn't complain and took the medicine. Rachel eyed him concerned. "Are you- are you sick?"
Tim gulped down the pills and nodded shortly.
Rachel looked between the couple, "I- I didn't know, what's wrong?"
"I got shot a few weeks ago. It damaged one of my kidneys and they had to remove it."
"But your going to be okay, right?" Vanessa asked, just as curious as Rachel.
"Probably. I just need to keep going a bit longer."
"We're waiting for a donator." Lucy said, still caressing his back. "Let's go home babe, you're exhausted."
"No no we can stay a bit longer Luce, really no problem."
"Tim. The kids are still out for a few hours more so you can get some good sleep."
"We haven't even had dessert yet baby. You wanted chocolate pudding, you get chocolate pudding." With that he handed her the water back, kissed her head and went pudding hunting.
Lucy sighed, "so freaking stubborn, was he that way with you two?" She asked Rachel. Rachel laughed and nodded.
"Wait wait wait. Did you date him too?" Vanessa asked Rachel.
Rachel nodded, "yeah, for a few months. Lucy actually set us up, but after I moved to New York we just agreed that it would be best to end things."
"Oh wow." Vanessa took a sip from her drink. "And you are okay with it? Oh gosh, sorry for asking, that's non of my business."
"It's fine, really. I liked Tim a lot, but..." Rachel grinned at Lucy, "the way you two always teased each other, I knew that it was only a question of when you two would finally fall in love. So nope, no hard feelings there, I'm just happy about two of my friends finding happiness."
Lucy hugged her, "I love you, I love you, I love you. We are naming the next kid after you."
Rachel laughed and hugged her back, "you want more kids?"
Lucy shrugged, "maybe, I would have nothing against it. Sure if the opportunity arrives to adopt, than why not? But first Tim needs to get healthy again"
Rachel grinned, " he will. He's stubborn."
"Hey baby, they didn't had chocolate but I got you vanilla, Rachel Caramel and well I don't know what you like Vanessa, so both for you." Tim placed the pudding tray on the table.
Lucy laughed and kissed him, "did you really steal the whole tray?"
"I'm a cop. I don't steal."
Rachel digged in to her pudding, "Ouh yes that's the best thing you ever stole Tim."
"I don't- forget it."
They talked a bit more with Rachel and Vanessa, but as soon as Lucy was through with her pudding, she took Tims hand and demanded that they'll go home. They said their goodbyes and drove home. As soon as Tim's head made contact with the couch pillow, he fell asleep. Lucy gently shoved him to make space for herself and cuddled against his chest, taking a nap as well.