This is Halloween, everybody scream.

Start from the beginning

"Hey it was a close call!"

Wednesday eyed the house again. Something about the thought of fake spirits made her a lot more uneasy than real ones...almost scared.

"Remember when that dude dressed as a zombie grabbed your leg and you kicked him?" Xavier laughed, watching as Ajax flushed in embarrassment.

Physical contact? This just got serious. She did not want some random idiot in a zombie costume trying to trap her within his grubby hands.

Weird creaking noises came from the building the closer they went. What was wrong with her? She would never have been scared of this if she were thinking straight right now, but this whole event had messed her up.

"Why what a large group," the man at the entrance said as they walked towards him. "Eight tickets?"

"Yup!" Enid grinned as the man clipped bracelets to each of them. When he reached Wednesday he paused, shirking away from her stink eye. He handed it to her so she could do it herself.

As they entered the house, Wednesday felt a weird tingling feeling, almost in her brain. Without thinking she ran up to Enid, gripping her hand.

The blond looked over, clearly surprised, though she still smiled slightly. "Are you okay," she whispered quietly enough so only Wednesday would hear her.

"I'm fine, just love you," she kissed her nose. Total lie. She was scared out of her body as they entered a dark room.

All was going fine, and Wednesday felt stupid for even thinking this would be mildly thrilling, that was, until she felt her shoe sink into something wet and gooey, and without a second of her control she let out a loud shriek.

"What, are you okay?!"

Regaining her composure Wednesday pulled her foot out of what now clearly was... "Fine, I wasn't expecting to step in a bucket of slime."

"Are you telling me you can get kidnapped and stabbed and be fine, but the moment you touch slime..."

"Zip it Tanka."

As the halls went on and the sounds got louder, Wednesday felt the weird brain tingling think get more prominent, and her grip around Enid's hands tighten.

"That jumpscare actually killed me," Divina joked, showing the group a shaking hand.

"You are being so dramatic, it's not like-" Wednesday's sentence was cut short as someone grabbed her ankles and pulled on her, causing her to shriek as loud as she could and kick whoever it was, luckily it turned out to be the man's shoulder, not his face.

"I'm so sorry! Was this a hands off group? I didn't get the notification!" The man quickly pulled out his phone, rushing to check.

"No no it's okay, she's just reacting, um let's uh..." Enid grabbed Wednesday's hand and dragged her into the next room, whipping around to stare at her. "You can't just kick someone!"

Wednesday didn't respond. She felt like someone had sealed her mouth shut and re activated her tear ducts. She wanted to burst into tears, a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time.

"Are you just not going to even acknowledge me?!"

Damnitt why couldn't she talk?! Why did it feel like the only way to express her emotions was through tears. Gently Wednesday shook her head.

"Than tell me why you kicked him instead of just pulling away!"

Without warning a few tears dripped down Wednesday's cheeks and she pushed herself into the floor, rubbing her nose quickly.