Chapter Twelve: Taking sides

Present     

   I sit up a brutal scream taring itself from my throat before I curl into a ball and take deep breaths. Slowly I realize that I am not in pain, that I can't smell blood or disinfectant. Beneath me is a soft bed, on me is a warm blanket. Slowly and carefully I uncurl myself, and look around. I was in a bedroom, an I.V. in my arm. On the pole a nearly empty fluid bag, and an old empty blood bag. I touch my arm, trying to feel the tube I had sewn into my skin. However there was nothing but old scar tissue. I contuine my search of my surroundings and see in the shadows of the corner of the room a camera. The lens adjusts, its red eye unblinking.
       "What do you want with me!" I demand. 
       "Oh dear heart, where do I begin." Wesker replied over a com system.
        "Albert?" I ask unable to believe it. I am met with silence, and feel despair. When the door opened. I stand, trembling legs threating to give out.  
      "You need rest." Wesker said.
      "I don't need to do anything." I rebuff smirking. I jump startled when he moves, nothing but a blur of speed. I do not back down however. 
        "Still not afriad of me. I do not know wither to call you brave or merely foolish." Wesker said.     
       "If your looking for payment, I assure you the C.D. and virus samples should be more then enough to cover any cost I may have incurred." I say. This all feels incredible off, and cold even for him.
       "You remember then?" He asked.
       "Everything." I answer firmly. "I would appreciate it if next time you could not fuck her right beside me. I believe I am due some respect." I watch as he clenched his fists, but I am unimpressed.

      "You are aware-" he began.

        "There are people watching you. That, there waiting for you to show weakness." I answer bitterly.

      "I have told you before that this is the price you would pay if you chose me." He answered coldly.

      "I thought you died! Then when I was tortured I didn't even ask you once to come for me! I didn't say anything!" I snarl. "I knew I was replaceable, I accepted that long ago but damn it all if I don't deserve your respect for all I have endured." 

      "Your right you are replaceable." He yelled grabbing my arm. I felt my back hit the wall, and loose my breath, I am so incredibly weak.

      "And yet you still saved me. You fought for my mind to return to me." I reply my voice softening. "Is good work so hard to find?" I felt his lips kiss me, his grip loosing before he takes my face in his hands.

        "I regret not speaking the truth to you eariler." Wesker said before he kissed me again. "Your loyalty has been exceptional. As always you have more then proven your worth.

     "Yet?" I ask.

   "Nothing." Wesker said. "Respect is due."

   "Your eyes?" I ask reaching out for his glasses. He allows me to remove them and I am greeted by red, reptilian ords staring back at me.

        "Do you still think I am beautiful Lenore?" He asked.

       "Yes." I answer without hesitation. He kissed me again, more deeply this time, his hand holding my hips. I can feel his body react to mine, his hips pressing flush into me. "Did you miss me?"

          "Perhaps." Wesker says with a smirk. "Good help is hard to find."

Past

     When I got to work the next day I was exshausted. I had barely slept, I however hid it all behind a fake smile. We were being tested on our hand to hand combat, which meant I could let out some stress. Finally it came down to Wesker and Myself. I had studied him all day, I knew how he fought. Now it was time to win. I knew he had already put in actual effort when fighting Redfield  and some with Enrico. Enrico was more experience and technique. So Wesker had to use his mind, more then his strength. The fight took time, but it was over once Wesker managed to out think him. However his weakness came with of showing off. He had to overwhelm and quickly despose of the younger members. It was almost as if it was a reminder as to them why he was in charge.
Jill, to my despair was worst. Though she got some soild hits in, other all she was to sloppy. She need work, alot of work. Then Barry the opposite of Enrico, now that was not to say Barry was dumb. Far from it but he did lean heavily into his strength as to incompasitate rather then injury. Then good old Redfield, he just couldn't resist going all out with Chris. However Chris had been hitting the gym and practicing hard. It was kinda adorable how hard he was trying to impress Wesker. Unknown to Chris, Wesker had to try. Despite being slightly thick, Chris was good at thinking in the moment. At making snap choices. Which alway countered Wesker well thought plans. I had to put effort in not laughing when the vien in Wesker head buldged from fustration. Eventually however Wesker won out and Chris lost. I was last, the way I perfered with experienced opponents. Though we had spent the morning warming up, Wesker insisted on facing each memeber inorder to properly gage our talent. So to begin our little match I let him toss me about for while, putting in just enough effort that he couldn't pin me and need to move fast to catch me. I then began to piss him off with a few words here and there. Finally when his skin is covered in a sheen of sweat and his muscles have the slightest twitch I know it is time. I toss him hard over my shoulder, and down. He scrambles up only for me to strike before he is able to block. Each hit is quick and hard devoted solely to his joints and weak points. I don't let up, overwhelming him with blows to the point all he can to is try to block. I think back off carefully keeping my own energy level in check. I say more words edging him on, making him sloppy. He swings wide, and I kick with everything I have square into his gut sending him several steps back. I can here my name being chanted but ignore it. Pride always came before the fall. I hadn't won until he tapped out. He came at me, more calculated this time. I watched him move, it was fluid, graceful. He was trying to make me move with him. Trying to force me to dance how he wanted. Thankful I has seen how to beat this. I took a hit in order to go agaisnt the grain, which made him mistep. I brought up my knee, hitting him exactly where I had kicked him. He bent forward his lungs out of air. I made a fist with both hands and brought it down on his back. He stumbled again, just catching himself before he fell. I eased up for a minute blocking rather then striking, he still had to much energy to be pinned. Finally when he took a step back, sweat dripping off his chin. He kicked, I side stepped and nailed him as hard as I possibly could in his lower back. I then drop and trip him. I hear him grunt as he hits then mat. I jump on his back wrapping my arm around his neck and put him in chock hold. He fought, like a bull that saw red. His hands trying to grab me as I stole more valuable air. However he was too used up to make a difference.
      One tap. He tries to stand so I wrap my legs around his stretch out his without letting go of his neck. Using my weight agaisnt him.
      One tap, two tap. He tries to force a hand inbetween my arm and his throat so I arch hard stretching out his back and legs to the point of spasming.
       One tap, two tap, three tap. I let go and stand as I am rushed by Alpha and Bravo. Water is dumped over me as they praises me up and down. I however walk over and stick out my hand to help Wesker up. I am not surprise he takes it, saving face was important. However I am concerned when I watch him limp slightly. Jill then grabbed my shoulder pulling me away,
       "You have to teach me!" She said, "please." I nodded and assure her I will but I warn I don't go easy much to her delight. When we had gotten back I had several offers from my team to buy me a drink but I turned them down, tomorrow was the start of the under cover operation I needed to stay clear headed. We where dismisses early, but stayed behind to double check the weapons for tomorrow. Especially the tracking guns, they had to work, and the sights had to be straight.
        "Night, Lenore." Jill called.
        "Night!" I yawn. Finally alone I begin to look for the badge to open the weapons storage locker. When I hear a crash coming from Weskers office.