Chapter Elven: Loyalty amd Fear

Past

      I had arrived at the meeting early, the week of the under cover mission  rapidly approaching. So far, the planning and execution had gone well, and Arklay Police were doing their night patrols as promised. Now, they were making a small show of withdrawing soon. We needed to draw theme out. Still, something was off about this cult, and Wesker shared my sentiment. We had tried speaking to Sergei about it, but his only answer was that there was not enough proof. However, both Wesker and I knew it was a lie. We both knew the Commander enough to know how seriously he took security. Lucky the labartory had helped me earn a very small amount of Wesker favor as he had stolen some of Mira's blood for personal testing. I confronted him after we spoke with Sergei, promising to stay quiet if we could speak in private. That had to happen  yet, but I knew Wesker would keep his word. By the time everyone entered, I had fallen in a light sleep on my arms, I was having trouble sleeping at night again. There are too many nightmares.

      "Valentine, your name will be Amanda Hillman." Wesker began as he slid a large envelope over to her. "Redfield, your name is Paul Hillman V.P. of Open Source Marketing." Chris took a similar envelope offered to him and opened it up.

"Ugh, blonde." Jill said, looking at her new I.D. "No offense, Captian." She handed it to me, and I agreed blonde was not her color.

   "None taken."  Wesker said.

       "Like, Oh My God Jilly you totally don't look like yourself." I say, holding up her I.D. next to her face. She rolls her eyes as Chris grins at my stupidity.

       "That voice is not necessary." Wesker said sternly. Feeling utterly mischievous, I ignore his subtle warning and press my luck.

        "But like it totally fits. God babe, don't be such a stick in the mud." I add. Chris snorts, trying to hold in a laugh, and Jill starts coughing as she tries to hold in hers.

      "Crow your now Eve White." Wesker said, clearly not impressed and trying to ignore me. I grab my envelope, disappointed he didn't feed into my fun, and pull out my new I.D. "And you are?"

        "Ian White C.E.O." Wesker replied. Chris dumps his envelope out, his wedding ring promptly rolling under the table with a matellic ding as it hits the floor.

  "Shit." Chris spits going after it.
        "Remember you are wives to wealthy executives. You need to both act and dress like one." Wesker sighed as Chris held up his ring.
         "Got it." Chris declared.

        "And if it is possible for you, Christopher, you also need to act and dress the part. So you will each find a check to assist in the purchase of clothing items more fitting your new persona."

       "Clothes." Chris said nervously. I smile, knowing the poor guy probably wore the same shit he went to high school in.

       "I'll help." Jill replied to a relieved looking Chris.

        "You will also find maps, a list of rules and layouts for the entire facility." Wesker contuined. "Do not at any time for any reason wander off, Crow. I am referring mostly to you or act like a cowboy, Redfield. Jill, I trust you are mature enough. I do not need to give you a warning."  Wesker takes a drink of his coffee, a coffee he now comes to work to every morning to. It was all part of the plan to get closer, to slowly insert my presence into his life. I wanted Wesker to get comfortable because then his guard would go down.

At first, he was hesitant, as per his nature. I, however, started to get members of Alpha  one too occasionally and see that he caved.

  "Sir?" Redfield asked, holding up car keys.

   "You will be picking up your vehicle at the car dealership at 6 am. You will then proceed to Valentine residence and pick her up. Now, haven't you all read Crows' interview with the suspect." They both nod, as uncomfortable as I was when I was hearing it.  "Then I suggest you become well acquainted as to make your interaction appear as normal as possible." Wesker said. "Any questions?"
         "Why is this area scratched out?" I asked.
         "It is used for tents and campers. However, we have shut down that part of the campsite." Wesker replied.
        "What do you mean by acquainted?" Chris asked, clearing his throat. I could almost see Wesker blink behind his shades, as he just stared at Chris for a moment.
       "If I need to explain that statement, Redfield, I will begin to doubt both your maturity and capability for this mission." Wesker said.
        "Yes, Captain." Chris replied sheepishly.
         "Now, if there is nothing more, Crow, I will see you in my office after work." Wesker finished.

      Wesker signed off on the last bit of his paperwork and sat back in his chair. It was a relief having Crow here as she not only organized herself, but she forced the other members to be as well. The result was neat and orderly work handed in on time if not early. He glaced the coffee cup in his garbage, another way she made herself useful. She had done similar action all those years ago. That was a trait that drew Wesker to her, as so few people actually filled such a role for him. Wesker paused mid-thought when he heard a knock on his door,

        "Yes?" Wesker called.
        "Captian Nelson." He replied.

         "Come in." Wesker sighed. What the fuck did he want now. Wasn't it enough he shamless flirted with Crow while she was on duty. A fact he had to constantly remind him of so he would leave her be. Or that he constantly sent her flowers and gifts covering her desk in the useless trash.
        "Captian Wesker, I know your busy so I will keep it brief." Nelson said sitting down. Wesker grit his teeth as the asshole put his feet up on his desk. "This whole under cover operation, wouldn't just be a ploy to get  Crow alone would it?"
        "Pardon?" Wesker replied flatly. "You cannot be serious?"
        "I heard you personally requested to be her partner." He contuined. Wesker pinched the bridge of his nose, this man had just sunk to a new low in stupidity.
        "This mission is extreamly dangerous and as their Captian it is my duty to make sure my subordinates come away unharmed." He replied. "The best way I can do that is if I accompany them."
        "You can drop the act Captain. We both know what kind of man you really are " Nelson laughs. Wesker stood, and swipped the man's feet off his desk.
       "If you have not noticed there is a cult currently plaguing our fair city. Now I was against sending in my officers, like lambs to the slaughter, but I was voted down. So I will go with my team to ensure they do not end up on the 10 O'clock news!" Wesker snarled. "Now get the fuck out of my office!"
        "You listen me you son of bitch," He began. Wesker noticed behind him his door opened as Crow walked in clearly angry. "You are nothing! I can destroy your entire career with a swip of my pen. I know Umbrella pushed you to be hired, instead of Enrico. So unless you want your dirty laundry air out you will fix this issue I am having, are we clear Captain!"
       "Oh crystal." Crow called. He spun, and Wesker watched delighted as he grew nervous.
        "Lenore? I didn't hear you come in." He said. She walked up to him the slap she delivered making Wesker internally whince. He had been on the receiving end of that before.
       "Who the flying fuck do you think you are!" She barked. "You insecure, egotistical piece of shit! That is my Captain! This is my job!"
     "I was just." He tired explaining
     "You were just leaving!" She commanded.

  "Lenore wait!" Nelson tired grabbing her arms. She hit him away, before grabbing his shirt.

"No one threatens him!" She spat in rage." No one! Now get out!" She pushed him away and Wesker watch with a smirk as Captian Nelson ran tail tucked between his legs out of his office. She sighed an arm wrapping around her mid section. "I apologize Albert. You never should have had to endure that. Let me know if there is a way I can make it up to you."

   "Just ensure it does not happen again, Crow." Wesker replied coldly. Despite the many ways his libido suggested.

     "You have my word." She answered.