Broken Ribs For You 10

Start from the beginning

I watched as he walked away and entered class when he disappeared up the stairs. I took a deep breath and slapped a smile on my face. "Genevieve." Ms. Alastair called on me before I could even shut the door. No one else was here yet, so I didn't mind. "Yes ma'am?" I walked over to her desk with that same smile. She handed me a card with a date from exactly a month from now.

"Put it somewhere so you can see it every time you wake up and go to sleep. One month to lose the weight or you're out." She said with a smile. I was going to turn away until I looked back down at the card. "I'm not the only one who needs to lose weight right?" She picked up three more cards off her desk and spread them out for me to see. I nodded and walked into the bathroom to change. Once I got out all the other girls were here. I was in the middle of the class and sighed before starting to stretch.

"Everyone to the wall and give me the 5 positions." Ms. Alastair stood up walking around with her wooden ruler as if it were a cane. "Again." She shouted at us. "Again, and Again." She kept shouting until we all got it right in less than 20 seconds. "Good now, hold a Saute until I say." I stood on my toes and watched myself in the mirror, trying to see the flaw in myself that she sees. The back of my leg stung as she hit me with the ruler. "Higher." She said simply before moving to the girl to my right and giving her the same command.

"Smile you guys." We all smiled, hiding the tears within. "Now Jete." We all got off of our toes and waited for her to call on one of us. "Chrissy. You're first." A Jete is a basic skill but the end is hard. A jump in which a dancer springs from one foot to land on the other with one leg extended outward from the body while in the air. As Chrissy failed to land toes first then heel, Ms. Alastair hits the ruler against her toes. I jumped in my skin as Chrissy let out a shreek.

She forced her to do it once again and thankful this time she got it right. "Genevieve." I wasn't worried because doing a Jete was my favorite thing as a kid. On my first try I landed on my toes and when I looked up I could tell she was shocked. She allowed me and the other few girls who got it on the first try to leave ten minutes early. I grabbed my backpack and left in my long sleeve bodysuit covered in the flowy skirt I wore.

I changed back into my sneakers in the hallway before heading upstairs. I'd hope I could catch Cain fencing, to see what it really was. However, by the time I got there he was pulling off his mask and laughing. His component pulled off their mask as well, to show a beautiful girl I think I remember seeing off the same bus I came here in. They were laughing at each other as he took her sword and put it away for her. He still hadn't noticed me as he walked away into the back with her.

"You lost, pretty girl?" A tall boy with light blonde hair asked as he held his sword away from me. "Just here for a friend." He smiled, a pretty smile. "Anything I can do for you? Maybe help you find that friend?" He asked. "No thank you, I was just on my way out." He pulled up his sleeve and checked his nice gold watch. "I can walk you out if you'd like." I looked back over to see Cain still back there. "Maybe another time, but thank you?" His bright smile never left. "Rick." He put his hand out to me and I shook it. "Genevieve." I smiled back. "That's a pretty name Genevieve."

"I said the same thing when I first heard it." Cain's voice was loud as he walked up to us. Rick's eyes went wide as he walked away without a goodbye. "You didn't have to scare him." I frowned, crossing my arms as he stood in front of me. "I said one sentence sweetheart." He shrugged, leaning down and kissing my face. "Myles!" I turned to see the girl walking up to us and before she got close threw something to Cain. "Candy?' He asked, handing me a bag of gummies. "I'm good." The girl walked up to us, waving. "It's Cain." he said to her. "I'll see you tonight Myles." She pushed through us and walked out to the hallway.

"She's pretty." I told him as we walked out to the hallway as well. "You're prettier." He replied. "I'm just saying she has nice eyes." I shrugged. "I like yours more." I looked up to him and he smiled down at me. "She must have a pretty name." I raised my eyebrows. "If I'm being honest I don't even remember her name." I scoffed as we turned to make our way to the dean's office. "So you have plans tonight with a girl you don't know the name of?" I asked.