The Garden 3

The five of us decided it would be best to skip lunch today and instead do homework outside in the school's garden

The five of us decided it would be best to skip lunch today and instead do homework outside in the school's garden. I walked with Luna as we clutched our books and talked. "And you don't think that's just even a little spoiled?" She asked me with an almost disgusted look. "Because my parents are shipping me my car, I'm spoiled?" I asked genuinely curious. "I mean you should at least take it  like you're lucky, I had to buy my own car." As we turned into the garden Cain was already there, putting out a cigarette on the floor. "I am lucky and very grateful for everything I have." I told her before sitting down in the grass as she sat on the bench next to Cain.

"What are we grateful for?" He asked, looking between us. "Blondie here is getting her custom wrapped Benz shipped out to her tomorrow." I sighed as I opened my books. "So? My bike got here this morning." He shrugged causing Luna to roll her eyes. "What kind of bike?" I asked as they both opened their books as well. "BMW R 1250 GS Adventure." As he answered Aveeana synced her words with his answer as if he'd repeat those words every day. She walked in alongside Michael who sat next to Luna. "He doesn't shut up about it. It's his whole personality honestly." She said sitting next to me.

"You're just mad your parents still won't let you have your car." He chuckled. "Mickey, our cars get here tomorrow and why don't you have your car?" I turned to Aveeana. "Would you give your whore daughter a way of transportation?" As soon as Michael asked, Aveeana leaned over and hit him on his leg as he laughed. Cain laughed with him  and gave him a high five over Luna's head, as if it was a trophy for his joke.

"Anyways asshole, are you guys really going to do homework? I thought we could sneak into town for the rest of the day." As Aveeana explained her plans I noticed Cain pass a cigarette to Luna. "Are you guys just not afraid of getting caught here?" Luna lit the cigarette as they shook their heads. "We have been here since freshman year, they don't care as much as they make it seem." Luna said. "That's not true. We're just good at hiding."

"So are we going into town or not?" Michael asked, looking among us. "Come on, we only have two more periods. Let's get it over with and we can go after. Plus we meet up for our last period anyways."

As level fours we didn't have an early curfew to be back on campus anyways so it made no sense to start skipping on the third day.

Before we knew it the bell rang. I closed all my books and got off the floor with the helping hand of Aveeana. As they walked off I stayed back and dusted off my skirt. When I looked up I noticed Cain walking back from the rest. I quickly jogged up next to him, and tilted my head up to see his eyes. He was a bit taller than Michael. Skinny and pale at the face. "Gen. Genevieve right?" He asked with a smile. Pink lips with sharp corners. "I believe so." I told him sheepishly.

"I don't know, something about you makes me think you like pink." His eyes fell down to my pink jacket and pink tights. "Pink is a girl's dream." We stepped into the building right behind the rest. As we walked we faced ahead and just listened to the minimal talking in the hall around us. We watched as the three of them laughed to each other. Though silence ran between us, it wasn't awkward. "Michael how Bubblegum doing?" He turned around and walked backwards. "Still a fat ass but he's good." He told me. "Who's Bubblegum?" Luna asked looking up to him. "The idiot has an orange cat in his dorm." Cain answered to her. They all continued to walk facing the right direction away from us.

When we reached the end of the hall he looked down at me. "My class is this way, see you next period?" He slowly started to walk backwards. "See you next period." I waved, but felt a hand on my shoulder that quickly turned me the other way. "I still can't believe I found you after all these years." Aveeana said. I looked over our shoulders to see Cain smile at me but turn into a classroom. "Me neither." I said looking at her with a smile.

"Ana, where's the chapel?" I asked and she paused to think. "Oh god it's been a while. I'm pretty sure it's by the sick department." I looked at her confused. "The sick department is its own level." She laughed it off and kissed my face before parting ways and walking into a classroom. I myself walked into my class.

Aveeana, not knowing where the chapel was, left a bad taste on my tongue. I spent the next hour of my British Literature class taking notes and thinking about what I was going to wear into town. I definitely knew I wanted to wear jeans to be comfortable and sneakers. "And to end off class I'll have Genevieve answer our last question. This year Shakespeare had an anniversary of "how many years?" I snapped out of my thoughts and shut my book. "Four hundredth anniversary, Ms. Candy." She nodded and the bell rang allowing our dismissal.

I grabbed my books and left for swim class. I didn't make any detours knowing I'd see all the people I knew in that class. When I got to class the gym was empty besides our teacher. "Get changed Genevieve, we'll be getting in the water today." He told me before leaving me alone.

When I finished getting changed the gym was filled by the entire class already. Luna and Aveeana were still getting changed as I spoke to Michael and Cain. "Well no wonder you got dumped here. Your whole chest is tatted dude." Michael said as I looked over the scripture tattooed on his chest. Along with a crying angel. "That's Jeremiah 29:11. Are you religious?" I asked, looking up at him. "Very." Cain replied simply.

"Well we got our tattoos from bad friends and yours looks professional. How'd you get it?" I could tell Michael was interested for the wrong reasons but I was curious as well. "Got a fake id over the summer. Got it professionally done before school started." Cain looked at Michaels spider tattoo on his rib cage before looking at me. "And where's your tattoo?" My face flushed. "Somewhere around here." I told him. "Guys, come on." Luna called out to us and Michael left immediately.

I looked back up to Cain and noticed his eyes on my chest. His hand reached out and as I followed his hand I noticed he grabbed my rosary. "This is neat." He told me. My face turned into a smile immediately. "I made it a few years back. Out of old necklaces." He nodded and dropped it back down. "Can you make me one?" Before I could answer his name was called out from behind me. I didn't recognize the girl and when I turned back to him he was waving at them. Before I knew it he was walking over to her.

I held onto my necklace as I walked over to Luna and the rest. A whistle blew grabbing our attention. "Today you'll all be taking turns in the water. It's only for attendance today so don't worry about no laps. I'll be breaking you all into groups so pay attention."

My group was picked last which consisted of me, Jameson, the girl who had called out to Cain and what seemed like her friend. "You all will get a feel of the water. Those who can swim will show me and you will get out. After that you guys are free to go." Mr. Rich explained.

"So you do look good in a bathing suit." James winked at me as the three of them walked over to me. "You're the girl who was talking to Cain right? I'm Yara." She said, sticking her hand out for me to shake. "And I'm Yasmine." The other girl stuck her hand out as well. I wrapped my arms around my chest as I smiled at them. "Genevieve." They pulled their hands back and rolled their eyes. "Your swimsuit is cute, where'd you get it from?" Yara asked, looking me up and down.

"Ignore them, they're not worth your time." James told me. "And I'm guessing you are?" She smirked before shrugging. "You said it baby."