Strange Coincidence

You guys chose to:

Go to Shuichi's house tonight

Rantaro's POV

"Uh yeah, sure.." I say, scratching the back of my neck.

Shuichi gives me a fake ass smile before saying, "Great! See you tonight! You know where my house is, right?"

I nod.

I had a bad feeling about this. Maybe I should bring Kokichi or someone with me. He wouldn't do anything with anyone around, right?

The bell rings, signaling that it's time to head to class.

"What was that about?" I heard Kaede ask as she walked next to me.

I shrugged. "He asked me to come to his house later tonight, no idea why."

"I'll come with you." Maki pipes up.

Me and Kaede look over at her.

"I thought you trusted him?" Kaede asked, raising her brow.

Maki shakes her head, "After what he did to you guys and Kaito, I don't.. I only pretend I do for Kokichi's sake. I always get a weird feeling around him.." she says, looking down.

Kaede puts a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, you're not the only one who feels that way." she reassures her.

"I'll text him and let him know that you're coming."

"Don't."

I look over and see Kaito now walking with us.

"Why not?" I say, looking at him skeptically.

"In case he has anything planned, he can get caught in the act. If he doesn't know Makiroll is coming, then he can't prepare to hide anything." Kaito states.

I think for a moment. Smart.

"You know, you're not that much of an idiot." I say.

"Than- Hey!" Kaito yells while everyone else laughs.

Unknown POV

They really think I'm that stupid. I knew he would bring someone, I just didn't think she would be the one to volunteer herself. I knew none of them trusted me.. well, except for my beloved.

No one's POV

The final bell rang singaling that the school day was over. It's time for Rantaro and Maki to head over to Shuichi's house.

"Kokichi, I'm gonna be heading out for a little while, but I'll be back to our dorm before 9, okay?"

Kokichi nods.

Rantaro and Maki meet up at the convenience store five minutes away from Shuichi's house.

Maki's POV

I've been waiting forever for Rantaro to get here. If he doesn't show up in the next 15 minutes, I'm leaving.

A couple minutes go by, and I see Shuichi enter the store. That's weird.

I see him glance over at me before rushing into the closest aisle. What was that all about?

I shrug it off. About 3 minutes later, Rantaro finally shows up. I roll my eyes as he walks over to me.

"What took you so long?" I whisper.

"Why are you whispering?" He asked in his normal voice.

I face palm. Does this guy not get the hint?

"Shush! Unless you want Shuichi to hear us, then I suggest you lower your voice!" I whispers yell,

"Jeez Maki, I know Shuichi's a stalker and all, but I highly doubt he could hear our conversation." he says, slightly lowering his tone.

"No- Rantaro, Shuichi is in here. I just watched him walk in a few minutes ago." I say.

Rantaro's face pales.

Rantaro's POV

My face paled as Maki told me that, and as I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

"Maki! Rantaro! Funny seeing you guys here," Shuichi says, putting his arm around me.

"You saw me when I came in." Maki states coldly.

"Did I? I think I might've missed you." Shuichi laughs as Maki rolls her eyes. "Anywho, I was just thinking since you know, you're here, I'm here, we could just head to my house now." he says before looking at Maki and flashing her a smile. "You understand, right, Maki?"

"Actually, I was bringing Maki along with me. She wanted to ask you a few things." I blurt out.

Maki sends me a death glare. "Yeah.. yeah, a few things.." she then mumbles.

Shuichi stands there for a moment dumbfounded. Ha. Gotta fucker, ruined your plan didn-

"Okay! Let's go then," Shuichi says before leading me and Maki out the door.

Uh, what is going on?

So sorry that they didn't actually make it into Shuichi's house this chapter, but don't worry! They definitely will make it there next chapter, promise!