Chapter I. "A is for Admiration"

"A IS FOR ADMIRATION"

Marla and Taylor      . ......    ......   ......  ..... ... .. .

---

      Taylor sat next to his wife, Marla, a newspaper and a coffee in hand. Mornings like this were his favorite. No work, he just gets to sit and enjoy waking up with the most beautiful woman in the world, his jubilant wife. Her curly, fluffy brown hair was pulled back slightly, showing off only some of her jawline. He admired her muscles thoughtfully. She was so strong, he wonders if she misses being a workhorse on her old family farm.

She stayed home -- well, not really, actually...

        She did jobs here and there for the neighbors, occasionally a local business. Some days she would bring home more than him. His wife was a contributor, and the only thing keeping this household running. She used to not be able to keep even her own home clean, however she beared the weight of the house chores everyday for him once they married. Marla wanted to show Taylor she cared, and what better way than to make their home a home? It was that unconscious kindness that made him so enamored with her, and so malleable to her will. He made sure she was always relaxed, as a husband should do. Once he got home, it was straight to the bedroom with Marla to give her a massage and occasionally... we're getting off track here. Taylor was devoted to his wife. And Marla was likewise.

The time they spent together was always cherished.

       She admired his course, curly blonde locks, tempted to run a hand through his hair which would inevitably get stuck. They complimented his strong facial structure and full lips, which were easily one of her favorite things about him. Taylor was tall and lanky, quite the opposite to her slight chub and muscled body. But yet, he always carried her out of the car, to the bed, never letting her lift a single grocery. Not even if he was struggling and he knew it would be better than to let his darling wife handle it.
...
"A IS FOR ADMIRATION"

...
       His pretty brown eyes were a nice contrast to his hair, it made him look distinct. Marla always swore her husband could've been a model instead of a boring old hydrologist; which was actually something she and her husband nerded out over frequently. Marla's gaze dropped to his hands, looking at the calluse of the thumb that flipped a few in a newspaper he had been fake-looking at for the last ten minutes.

     A soft breeze blows through an open window, and the couple begin to speak.

    "Dear, you've been fake-staking out that paper all morning. Tell me, what's on your mind?" Marla hums curiously, picking her gaze from his hands to his intense eyes.

She knows that look quite well.

     She looks back down at the table quickly, bashfully even. She's still so shy around him, and he's her husband for crying out loud!
    "Just admiring the view, that's all, love." He reaches his hand over the short, round end table to gently pick up her hand and place a kiss to the back of it. "That's all?" Another kiss. "That's all."

The pair exchange another soft look and kiss before returning to their activities for the rest of the morning.

----

END.