Even if it Rains, I'll Still Be Here

Start from the beginning

And, if anyone dared to jump him while he was here, he would hear the advance. No surprises. Only towards them if anything, considering he would be more than ok with taking out the dagger he kept hidden here to prick the intruder. One could never be too protected.

Hob threw his shirt in the clothing bin, pants and underwear following suit. Stealing a quick glance in the mirror, it told him that he was putting off shaving. A shadow started to form, becoming more noticeable. An issue for tomorrow, not really feeling like taking such a task at the moment. It suited him anyway, made him look rugged, in a good way.

With a smirk and wink at his reflection, he made way towards the shower, letting the spray heat up first before jumping in. He didn't need the cold to properly get him going today, he was fine with just some comfortable scolding heats. Truly the wonder of technology.

Beginning to him softly, he got his mind ready to wander off, for the next hour or so.

✧✧✧

Thankfully, the time hadn't really changed since the last time he checked his phone, a small relief that it was still an appropriate time to have breakfast. He wasn't sure if the coffee shop he was heading towards had specific menus depending on the hour. Not that he would be overly picky, he could eat about anything at any time. Maybe even ice cream if he felt daring.

The chill that either way seemed to penetrate through his jacket said otherwise.

All it had taken was one turn before he had finally reached his destination, that being, a new place that had recently opened not too far from his flat. Being at a walking distance of around ten minutes. One that he felt now, considering he hadn't had the foresight to put anything into his system. Eh, he would survive.

Looking through the windows, not many people were inside the place yet, which probably wasn't too surprising. A bell jingled, making his presence known as he came in, the sweet aroma hitting him as he did. It made his whole being warm up, just by that and the atmosphere in general.

The shop was bright, but not in an oppressive way, instead being cozy, a reminder of spring. The walls were recently painted, flowers scattered in the space, water joining them. Some actual plants could also be seen here and there. Some that he could even swear came from Mad Hettie's, her hand was easy to see in them.

He wondered what sort of deal they had to do to have her willingly give anything away.

For the rest, there was a reading nook, with books to choose from to accompany your stay. He could already see his students coming around and working on papers. Especially with these tables and chairs, looking soft and warm.

And even the music was pleasant, just nice instrumentals to add to the air. Overall, it made him feel like he could take his time and rest. Too good of a place to pass by.

Making a beeline towards the front, he became preoccupied with the menu on the top, meaning, he didn't notice a presence near him, around the corner. Instead, Hob became too busy analyzing the decisions he took today, of why he thought to come to a coffee shop for breakfast and not leave it for the evening. Past him hadn't thought any better.

It was fine though; they had all assortments of stuff. And hopefully strong coffee. As if hearing his thoughts, the woman behind the counter who was preparing the drinks made her way to him, ready to take his order with a sweet smile.

Asking if he was ready, he said he was, that there were many things that were of interest to him. Especially those that he wasn't too sure what they were, with cute names that seemed to match the atmosphere. Wishing to taste those new things, he pointed at them, her noting them down as he talked, nodding along.