Chapter 16

~meanwhile at y/n's house~

for the past few days now, Elana has been sending you photos of different hybrids from the HCC catalogue. so far, you havent had that much luck. every hybrid she sent you with the slightest resemblance of Xiao instantly reminded you of him. it was getting harder and harder to continue being hopeful.

you decided enough was enough and you were going to take things into your own hands. you just couldn't stand by and make people find you for him. so you got on a phone call with Elana and asked her for one more favour.

"Hey Elana?" you asked.

"Mhm?"

"I know this is a bit sudden but I have one final favour to ask of you,"

"And what may that be?" Elana questioned you and your favours you would ask of her. it seemed like every other day you wanted something from her.

"Could you give me some sort of location to go to so i can physically help? i cant continue sitting at home while Xiao might be locked up somewhere and tortured."

"I can try to get that for you, but i have something to ask of you in return."

"I'll do anything as long as it ensures Xiao's safety." you replied.

"I'm gonna need you to give me some money, like a lot." you found her request somewhat weird. she willingly works for a non-profit organization afterall.

"How much are we talking?" at this point, you would give any amount of money if it meant getting to see Xiao again.

"I will need $400."

"Alright whats your cashapp?"

~~~~~

it was a week later and having to wait again has been eating you up on the inside. but finally, Elana came through and notified you some coordinates.

"So that'll be 37'49'36 N, and 122'25'22 N. In other words, the facility that they are keeping the hybrids, is in Alcatraz Island in a jail also known as Alcatraz Jail."

"How the FUCK am I supposed to get to Alcatraz?!" a part of you was relieved to know where he was but another part of you was extremely concerned about where he was. in a high-tech security jail like that, who knows what they could be doing to those prisoners on there.

"There is an exclusive, elites only, cruise ship that pass by Alcatraz Island tomorrow. Only the richest amongst the richest will be able to get on board. That's you're only chance of being able to see him. I don't know how I'll do it but I will try my hardest to get you on. The hardest part is the security and screening. After that part, you're guarranteed to get on board."

not gonna lie, this seemed like some spy girl type shit that you only see in movies. but you looked passed the surreal feeling and focused on the mission. Save Xiao. that was your top priority. it's now or never.

"How will you manage to do that?" you responded.

"Well, with our handy dandy monetary donations, I can probably bribe a few of the cruise attendants," she started.

"Wont you get caught though?! I thought you weren't able to use the donations to fund your own private missions."

"Well, this whole thing is a huge opportunity to get to rescue other hybrids aswell. The HHC has already been planning  full-scale jail break type of event, so this can really benefit us too."

"Well, I hope you're able to do whatever you're planning on doing, but please keep me updated."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye." the phone call ended. 

if Elana really manages to pull this off, you would be estatic. But you soon remembered that she mentioned how the cruise was leaving tomorrow, which left you with little time to prepare. you packed: an inflatable lifeboat with life jackets, a pack of granola bars, a case of water, binoculars, and a few extra pairs of clothing. you couldn't fit anything else in your suitcase but you at least got the bare minimum of what to pack.

it was around 7pm already so you decided to get something to eat. even though it was nighttime, you still decided on some frosted flakes. after that, you took a shower and went to bed.

~~~~~

*RIIIIINNNNGGGG RIIIINNNGGGG

you had woken up from the sound of your phone being bombarded with phone calls and text messages. you picked up the device and checked the time. it was 2:14am. you took a look at who was calling you and saw that it was Elana.

your heart immediately dropped to your ass and you were sitting on the edge of you bed in anticipation. you called her and she responded right away.

"Y/n? Can you hear me?" Elana asked in the calmest voice she could muster up.

"Yeah, what the matter?"

"The cruise is leaving at 6am. Location is at (random place) Airport." she sounded tense.

"WHAT?! How am I supposed to get there?! And why is it at an Airport?!" you responded.

"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that this is a very elite and top secret cruise ship? Well apart from that, I sent you a ride and it should get to your place in about 40 minutes. The car is a black Bentley Bentayga SUV."

"Why'd you send it so early? The cruise is leaving at 6 is it not?"

"Well, around 2,000- add or minus 500- of the worlds billionaires are going to be there so you might want to get there a bit early."

you barely had any time to process the amount of absolutely stacked people who would be boarding the cruise with you. it was honestly frightening to be honest. but nonetheless, you put all of your fear behind you and waited for your ride to arrive.

'This is gonna be the craziest day of my life.' you thought to yourself as you heard a car pull into your driveway.

~~~~~

hi lol i hope you liked this chapter.

this is probably the longest chapter i've ever written so if there is grammar mistakes i apologize. anyways, pls vote and follow me so u dont miss any updates. i plan on posting updates on my conversations rather than as a chapter in the book.