Chapter 15

Xiao's P.O.V

i scream and writhe against the HCC officers as they drag me away from y/n. thats the last thing i remember of her. once they had taken me out of the cafe, they put a wet rag over my mouth and i started to feel drowsy. eventually, i blacked out.

i wake up in a gray cell room-thing not knowing how long it as been or where i even am. the door having a small glass window reinforced with metal bars to prevent me from getting out. i'm wearing a white, paper thin body suit so they must have taken my clothes when i fell unconcious. 

as soon as i start to assess my situation, a guard opens my cell door. immediately i back away into the corner and start hissing at her. normally, i wouldn't have such a irrational response but knowing that she works for the HCC fills my very being with disgust. i loathe people like her who think they have the right to torture other people just because of something they can't control.

'i really wish y/n was here though,' i thought to myself. 'she would probably know what to do in this situation.' but anyways, i focus my attention to the guard woman in front of me. the guard takes a step forward into my cell, and i back up closer to the back wall. 

"No need to be so wary of me. I wont hurt you." she says in a calm voice with a smile. i know deception when i hear it, and a calmer tone isnt going to change the fact that i know she is lying.

"But your comrades quite literally snatched me from my home?" her treachery might've worked on other hybrids but not me.

"Although their approach might have been a bit... aggressive, I assure you that all of this is to help people like you-"

"Help people like me?!" i said, slightly raising my tone. "How is any of this supposed to help me?!"

"Well if you let me finish I would've been able to tell you."

"... go on." as much as i didnt want to hear her bs, i heard her out.

"I know that this organization may have a bit of a reputation but we aren't really like that. We really only do the things that we do to understand your kind more and help build back society to how it was before. Without the hybrids."

this whole situation just hit me like a ton of bricks. y/n had only told me a little bit about the HCC but not that they wanted to get rid of hybrids! 

"So what do you plan on doing with me?" i asked.

"Uh... well, we would like to run a few umm, experiments to see if we could reverse the effects of the curs- outbreak that happened. And so how we do that is blah blah blah blah..."

as she was talking, i noticed some people outside of the door who looked like surgical doctors running back and forth with stretchers with hybrids on them. the closer i take a look, the hybrids look horrible! some with amputated ears and/or tails, others whos skin had peeled off. i knew that whatever those 'doctors' were doing to them, it wasnt good.

all of a sudden, those 'experiments' the guard lady was talking about didn't sound so pleasant. 

"Oh and I forgot to tell you my name. You can call me General Ames."

"Uh... ok."

after that whole convo she quickly left my cell and shut the heavy metal door. i prompty started thinking of an escape. I tried the door and obviously, it was locked. there was really no access to the outside world except the little window on the door and the occasional thuds and clanking noises that seemed to be coming from all around me.

the cell had poor ventilation so who knows what types of toxins are in the air. i decided that moving around too much is too energy consuming and will make the terrible ventilation even worse. 

~~~

hours and hours went by and nothing happened. i tossed and turned on the cold floor desperately longing for y/n's warmth. in moments like these, i really wish i had valued my time with y/n more. she was always so kind and understanding and i got used to it. so being thrown in a harsh enviornment again only reminded my that not every human is kind like y/n. some only want to use vulnerable people and then throw them to the side like they arent worth anything.

i hadn't eaten anything since i got here so i was pretty hungry. nobody has given me any food so its not like i had the option to eat anyway. tears start to fill my eyes as i remember all the happy memories that y/n and i had made and the time where i first laid my eyes on her. 

i shook my head and tried to stop the tears as now was not the time to start getting emotional especially not in a dangerous place like this. at some during my little weeping session, i fell asleep while remembering all of me and y/n's fun and warm times together..

~~~

i hope yall enjoyed this chapter. im trying to make longer chapters but its kind of hard ngl. also im currently working on chapter 15 so comment what you think y/n is gonna do!