Chapter 7

Third person P.O.V

(A/N: whenever you see ' around some words that means you are thinking it.

"Hey so I forgot to ask, do you have a name?" You asked the mysterious hybrid.

"Xiao." He stated plainly. His voice was sharp, but soft at the same time. It was hard to describe.

'This is the first time he spoke to me!' you thought with glee. You and Xiao were actually making progress. 'He might be warming up to me!'

"So Xiao, my name is Y/N L/N." you told him. He seemed to indifferent to this new information. 

You walked with him for a while, with no particular destination, until he started walking in a different direction. He was headed towards the woods.

"Hey! Where are you going?" 

"Follow me if you want." he grumbled. So you decided to follow him. After walking in the woods for a while, you and Xiao stumble across a cabin. That seemed to be his destination. Following him into the cabin, there was a old harp in the corner with white flowers and a blue design on it. It looked like it was a pretty old cabin because of all the cobwebs around. 

XIao sniffed the air for a moment and stiffened. He suddenly ran out of the cabin and back into the thick woods. You were startled for a moment but soon got back to your senses. You ran in his direction and eventually caught up to him due to your immense speed. 

"Why'd you run so suddenly? You almost made me scared." you said melodramatically with a hand clutching your chest.

"He's here." he said.

"Who's here exactly?" you said as worry laced you're tone.

He didn't respond and fastened his pace. You started to hear something in the distance but you couldn't make it out. As you and Xiao got closer, it almost sounded like...singing? You were so confused at this point you didn't even question it. 

Xiao ran ahead of you and stopped at a lake. You followed him and saw a boy sitting there with a flute in his hands. Millions of questions crossed your mind but you didn't bother asking as Xiao will explain later?Right? Xiao walked over to the boy and spoke to him.

"Where have you been Xiao? You made me worried." the boy said.

"We needed to find food, so I ran away to find some. I apologize for my actions. I should've told told you before I left." he apologized. You were surprised to see Xiao express such emotion that it made you wonder, who is this boy? 

"And this is Y/N, she took me in when I almost collapsed." he continued.

You just noticed, the other boy had a hat with white flowers on it just like that harp you saw. He stood up and bowed.

"Pleasure to meet you Y/N. I'm Venti." he introduced himself.

this chapter is kinda short in my opinion. and why are yall so quiet? ur making me feel lonely.

- Mai