| 56 | Liberation

Start from the beginning

Damon grunted painfully when he collided with his pack, who grabbed him and kept him from hitting the floor.

"Come 'ere," Kane snarled as he grabbed Remus.

Damon tried to get up, but his head was spinning, and Kane's men moved closer with their guns, blocking any of them from trying to get to his son, who screamed and tried to fight as Kane dragged him towards the bars.

"Get the fuck off him!" Damon yelled over his shouting, panicking pack. He forced himself to his feet, shoved two of the men out of the way, and lunged at Kane, but the guy let go of Remus and slammed his fist into Damon's face, sending him to the ground.

But when his face hit the stone, the arena shook, and a blinding flash of crimson light lit up the darkness outside.

Jackson?

"What the fuck was that?!" Kane exclaimed as he threw Remus to the ground beside Damon.

Damon grabbed his crying son and pulled him closer. "It's okay," he whispered.

"Are we under attack?" one of Kane's guys questioned as they all followed their Alpha out of the cage.

"Is it Jackson?" Julian whispered.

Damon helped his son up and re-joined his pack. They all watched as the night sky lit up with crimson and silver light, and the sound of gunshots, snarling wolves, and ethos attacks filled the tense quiet. Was it Jackson? Had he got to the Venaticus?

"Shit!" Kane shrieked angrily. "Lock the fucking cage." He morphed into his wolf form and rushed off.

"What the fuck's going on up there?" one of the guards muttered as he started locking the bars.

"Doesn't sound like hunters," one of them replied. "Hurry the fuck up."

"I'm fucking trying, man. This shit's burning my—"

A trio of dark-furred wolves pounced out of the dark and grabbed Kane's guys; they tore them apart before they had the chance to shift.

Damon defensively held his arms out, standing in front of his pack. But when he saw a huge bipedal white wolf which looked a lot like he did in his Prime form, he was quickly overwhelmed with confusion—even more so when a platinum-haired elf moved through the crowd of wolves and pulled the silver bars out of the stone wall like they were paper.

"Who the fuck are you?" Wesley questioned.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me," Sebastien uttered.

With a confounded frown, Damon looked back at the white-haired demon and watched him approach the elf.

"Where the hell did you come from?" the demon asked the elf.

"Your little hybrid got picked up by Raphael," the elf replied as he pulled Sebastien's silver collar off.

Sebastien rubbed his neck and turned to face the pack. "They're cool. Better than the Venaticus, if I'm being honest."

"Where's Jackson?" Wilson demanded before Damon could.

"Topside with Raphael," the elf replied as he moved towards Damon.

"Who the fuck's Raphael?" the muto questioned.

Damon smacked the elf's hands away before he could grab his collar. "Who are you people?"

The huge white wolf answered, "Cyrus Greyson. Alucard said he mentioned me."

Cyrus Greyson: one of Damon's relatives. But he didn't look as old as he was supposed to be.

"One of my wolves found your boy out in the wilds. We're here to help," Cyrus told them as his blue eyes shifted from each of Damon's packmates. "This is Maleki, vampire-elf. He's our silver-breaking guy. We gotta get you lot the hell out of here."