Chapter Thirty-One

One song lyric in this chapter! Who can find it? Please vote and comment! <3

-----

"Emily? What happened?" Zayn says, "Why do you look so scared?"

"You have to go," I whisper.

"What?"

"You have to go!" I scream.

"Please tell me what's going on."

"Niall's here! And he brought friends!"

"Okay? Do you want to say hello?"

"This isn't funny! He said you have one minute to get out of the park!"

"Or what?"

"I don't know and I don't want you to be here to find out! I don't want him to hurt you!"

"I'm sure I can handle it," Zayn says, "and I can't leave you here by yourself with him. I don't even see him either."

"Okay, maybe I can text him and tell him-"

My phone vibrates.

Niall: *30 secs*

"Thirty seconds! Zayn just go! I'll be fine!"

"I can't leave you here Emily. And I beat his ass once so I'm sure I can do it again."

"But-"

My phone vibrates.

Niall: *zayn's pretty funny . 15 secs*

"Hey Niall!" Zayn yells into the darkness, "If you do anything stupid, you'll land yourself in jail! Just like in high school!"

"Zayn that was too far."

"He needs to know. So what are you doing this weekend for Labor Day? Are you staying here or going back home or-"

"Zayn this is not the time!"

"Emily, it's going to be okay, I promise."

"Zayn...I'm really scared..."

"Don't be, this is probably all a jo-"

My phone vibrates.

Niall: *times up*

"Time's up," I whisper.

I hear several footsteps in the trees to the left of me and Zayn and I turn our heads and look into the woods. My arms are wrapped around Zayn and I'm squeezing him tightly in fear.

"You're really cute when you're scared," Zayn laughs.

"Zayn!"

"Emily, I'm going to protect you, don't worry."

"But don't you think Niall might be mad at you because you put him in the hospital? And we went on a date with each other."

"Also spent a night with each other."

"Zayn! He's listening!"

"There's no way Niall would do anything ridiculous here in this public park, he knows there's cameras here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, but the one we would have to worry about is-"

The collection of trees to the left of us ruffles silencing our conversation. A single black silhouette slowly emerges from the woods.

"Who is that?" Zayn whispers.

"How the fuck should I know?" I respond.

Six more silhouettes emerge from the woods surrounding the park and I'm trembling in terror.