The Stray and The Run-away

Start from the beginning

The rest faint and I just look at them and shake my head.

Penny: Sen-sational! We can paint our nails, try on clothes, and talk about cute boys like him.

She points at me but Blake and Yang spring up.

Yang: He's off the market.

Ruby: Times... I forgot how many of us there are, but just know it's a lot.

Ruby leans over to Weiss.

Ruby: Is this what I was like when you met me?

Weiss: No, she seems far more coordinated.

Y/N: What are you doing in Vale?

Penny: I'm here to fight in the tournament.

Weiss: Wait, you're fighting in the tournament?

Penny salutes.

Penny: I'm combat ready!

Weiss: Forgive me, but you hardly look the part.

Blake: Says the girl wearing a dress.

Weiss: It's a combat skirt!

Ruby: Yeah!

Weiss and Ruby low five.

Weiss: Wait a minute. If you're here for the tournament, does that mean you know that monkey tailed... rapsacalion.

Penny: The who?

Weiss: The filthy Faunus from the boat.

Blake: Why do you keep saying that?

Weiss: Huh?

Blake: Stop calling him a rapscallion! Stop calling him a degenerate! He's a person!

Weiss: Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to stop reffering to the trashcan as a trashcan? Or this lamppost as a lamppost?

Blake: Stop it!

Weiss: Stop what? He clearly broke the law. Give him time; he'll probably join uo with those other Faunus in the White Fang.

Blake: You ignorant little brat!

Blake starts walking and Weiss follows her.

Weiss: How dare you talk to me like that! I am your teammate!

Blake: You are a judgemental little girl.

Weiss: What in the world makes you say that?

Blake: The mere fact you would sort that Faunus boy with a terrorist group solely based on his species makes you just as much as of a scoundrel as you believe him to be!

Yang: We should probably go...

Penny: Where are we going?

Weiss: So you admit it! The White Fang are a radical terrorist group like the Lin Kuei!

Blake: That's not what I meant and you know it!

Timeskip

We all ended up in RWBY's dorm and thoe two are still arguing. I tune it out until it gets to a certain point.

Weiss: I'm a victim! You want to know why I dispise both of those groups? Why I don't trust Faunus? It's because they have been at war with my family for years. War, as in actual bloodshed. My grandfather's company has a target painted on it's back for as long as I can remember. And ever since I was a child, Lin Kuei and White Fang have killed family friends, executed board members, and robbed trains. And everyday my father would come home, furious, and that made for a very difficult childhood.

I feel both anger and sympathy rising in me.

Ruby: Weiss, I-

Weiss: No! You want to know why I despise them? It's because they are liars, theives, and murderers.

Blake: Well, maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!

Y/N: And we are just trying to get our honor back!

Everything goes silent. The other back away from us. Blake and I look at eachother and run away together. We run to a statue and she takes her bow off.

Y/N: You look better without the bow, you know?

Blake: Lin Kuei, huh?

Y/N: Yeah.

Blake: Now the ice powers make sense.

Faunus: You two okay?

We stay with the Faunus all weekend. We also learned his name. Sun. We're now sitting at a cafe. Blake puts her cup down and looks at Sun.

Blake: So you wanna know more about us?