There was crime tape around— a few officers and people recording the crime scene, people recording me but I couldn't find a care about it. I swallowed, closed my eyes, and tilted my head upwards the images replaying in my head.

A tear slips from his eyes, and he stares at me. "I can't breathe." His throat became sore as he spoke in a whisper.

"What?" My head shakes as my heart stops beating. "No, Harry—stop. You're supposed to be okay." It made me feel like I was also bleeding from seeing him hurt so badly. Hands that shake frantically, a tight stomach, shaky knees, and a chest that rises and falls. I have so many different feelings swirling around in my head, from feeling sick and on the verge of passing out to being insistent on being here with Harry.

The way he lied there—life was slipping away from him. His last breath slowly left and his heart allowed it to stop.

In less than a week, two cars I quickly blot away my tears as everything plays over in my head: how his body jerked as each bullet entered his body, ripping his flesh apart and sending him tumbling into the ground while screaming in agony.

Whoever they were got away, and who knows what else they can do? All I did was cover my eyes and close my eyes like someone helpless.

My eyes turn upward as a magnificent full moon shines down on me, surrounded by twinkling stars. I sob more fervently and beg whichever God is listening to save Harry and give me the courage to go on.

"Ma'am."

"He can't die." I whispered— " He can't die."

"They're doing everything they can to save him okay?" My heart was crushed into a million pieces beyond repair when I realized he wasn't safe.

"Please, he can't pass away. He has kids, he's a father—please don't let him die." I begged as if Harry's life was in this woman's hands but logically, I knew she wasn't. I didn't even know if the person responsible was listening to the pleas to save Harry.

Upon feeling another brisk breeze blowing in my direction, goosebumps appeared on my skin. The woman suddenly stood up and desperately I looked at her— scared to be alone.

"Please don't leave me." I attentively examined her hand when she extended it to me and pleaded with her, "Please."

I don't know what I'm capable of when I'm by myself; I worry that I might lose my mind. I would definitely go through the same thing as when my mom passed away.

"Let me take you to him." My chilly hands cling to her warm hands as she smiles softly; she doesn't need to say a single additional word. As soon as I stood up and started to look around, I quickly started to draw away.

Feeling dizzy and nauseous, my mind ran wild. I gulped forcefully and grabbed my phone and handbag, both of which were heavily reddened when she passed them to me.

"Where's my dress?" I scowled as I looked down at my body. Harry's blood or mine was evidently present everywhere.

But I wouldn't be bleeding, right?

She frowns and casts a pitying glance my way. "Your dress, you gave it to the man—you tried to stop his bleeding."

Harry.

I move backward while shaking my head. My mind ran wild with pure chaos. Fear grips my every nerve as my heart pounds against my chest like a wild stallion. My skin begins to flush with goosebumps, and a chill runs down my spine. My senses sharpen and my breathing gets shallow as I become hyper-aware of every rustle and creak. It's a swirl of discomfort where shadows come to life and the imagination plays tricks.