Promise me, ok? | Giyu x Depressed!Suicidal!Reader

ANYTIME BEFORE THE FINAL BATTLE
We have an angst here today (first one)
Warnings: self harm, if you are sensitive with this, I suggest you don't read this one.

Every pierce through my skin was a reminder of how I am.

Stupid.

Useless.

Dead weight.

Good for nothing.

Looser.

Tears silently slipped past my eyes onto the bed.

I sat on the bed with my legs crossed and my back towards the door. I didn't have to worry about anyone coming in, as my boyfriend Giyu was on a mission, and would be for a while.

Or so I thought.

Giyu's POV:

I managed to defeat that demon earlier than expected, luckily. The sooner I did. The sooner I could get home and see my beautiful girlfriend, Y/n.

I had always known that she struggles with depression, as do I. So we have always helped each other, even when we were just friends.

When I finally got home I tried to be as quite as possible, partly if Y/n wasn't awake, partly to surprise her. I knew she would be at home, because she got the day of from missions.

I tip-toed my way to our shared bedroom and could her muffled sobs. Any joy I had was vanished, and I was instantly worried about what was happening.

I slid the door open and was shocked at what I saw.

Your POV:

It had become a routine for me, when Giyu was on a mission, and I was at home, I would litter my skin with more cuts. It was easy if he ever saw them, I could just play it off As scars from previous missions (I do that irl, but with cat scratches😭) and it would be fairly believable, as we are both Hashira's.

The door slid open and I froze in my spot. I could faintly hear footsteps behind me but it was muffled by the ringing in my ears. I got caught. I managed to see Giyu in front of my through my tears. He knew.

Once the ringing stopped I looked at him. He wiped my eyes and pulled me into a hug.

"Babe, please, how long has this been going on for?"

"A while." I mumbled.

He pulled away and gently took the knife out my hand, putting it on the floor next to us. It was at this point I realised he also had tears in his eyes.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me? Why did you do it." He asked, his voice cracking as a tear slipped past his eye.

"I don't know. I guess I was ashamed of it. I have always felt useless, like the work is better off without me."

"Thats not true. Do you know how strong you are? How many people would be dead without you? What about that mission we went on the other day? If it weren't for you, I'd be dead. Not just that. If you weren't here, I don't know what I would do. I love you, so so much. You mean everything to me. You are my reason to keep on living. So please, let me be yours."

"Ok." I sniffled .

"And I'm not going to ask you, or tell you, to stop hurting yourself, because believe me, I know how hard it is to stop. But please, talk to be before you do. Promise me, ok?"

" Ok, I promise. "

"Thank you. I love you."

" I love you too. "

We stayed cuddled up together until I fell asleep, then he did to.

And I always kept my promise.

There, my first angst. How was it?

Is it sad that not only this my longest oneshot so far, but it was the easiest to write. I was sort of speaking from experience though (although I have never got caught.)
All jokes aside, if you ever need to talk to someone please do, if you want, you can even talk to me, I don't mind, please just don't bottle of all up, trust me, it just makes it all worse. I hope you can take into consideration what I said.
Thanks for reading xx