Chapter 51

—Third Person's POV—

The glittering marble floor of the soundless prison room pinched Junior's eyes as he looked at the entrance where heavy footsteps echoed. The sound alerted the other two behind him and he unconsciously held Eileen's hand to comfort her. "Well, well, well." The sarcastic tone in Lx2's voice made Lx45 narrow his eyes at his approaching figure.

Knee length leather boots, long elegant brown cloak and a highly quality white shirt over brown pants made Lx2 look like a landlord of some type. He wore a permanent smirk on his face as he rattled the metallic bars of the prison with a baton he was holding. "It's nice to see you three together. You would agree that you haven't had any time to plot your snooping around very much, wouldn't you? I thought I'd give you ample of it. For old times sake."

Lx45 threw a cold look at him. "You're the real traitor, Lx2. You've kept secrets from your own kind and even went to lengths to get rid of them just to clear your trails. Don't give us this guilt trapping bullsh*t."

Lx2 chuckled darkly in response and shook his head. "I only dispose of nosy pawns. I would've gotten rid of you long ago when I found out you were trying to get to the truth but it isn't any fun without the whole gang here. You're missing a person and as soon as I get my hands on her, you wouldn't have to bear this injustice for much longer."

Junior sprang into motion at the mention of Lexie and grabbed the cell bars with his fists. "You won't find her! She probably knows your reality by now." He yelled at him to which Lx2's expression turned indifferent. "She'll come to me herself and after she returns what she has stolen, you'll be disposed off before you can count. Don't worry, it won't be a long process. I'll try to make it as painless as possible." He finished with an evil smile that made Junior wonder if he was the same senior he aspired to be like one day.

"What has she stolen? She only ran away because she lost her bracelet. She's no threat to you or Father." Junior replied with a glare.

Lx2 shook his head. "She's taken something very important but I'll recover it soon. You'll see the fate of traitors like yourself then."

As if on cue, an officer clad in a blue uniform came running down into the prison room and stopped abruptly inches away from Lx2. "Sir Jaber, The girl's here!" He announced in an uptight manner as if he was seconds away from making a salute. Lx45 frowned in skepticism at the news and before he could say anything, Lx2 turned to him with a triumphant smile. Evil dripped from his face as he folded his arms over his chest in satisfaction. "What did I say?" He turned his neck to the officer. "This was too easy." He commented and motioned for the man to lead the way.

The heavy footsteps faded from where they had entered and when the cell was empty, Junior dropped to the ground in hopelessness. "Oh Senior, you really are too naïve."

...

The car ride was painfully silent as Jaber drove with his eyes strictly glued to the road. Amaani looked to her side and saw Camari's peaceful face that had been leaned against the car window. Her eyes were closed and she took big breaths much like soft snores, the only sound that filled the surrounding. When she was convinced Jaber wasn't going to say anything and the remaining one and a half hour travel was going to go just as painfully slow as it was, she plopped back into her seat and started reciting some Azkar (Words for remembering Allah).