chaconne ‣ anivinity

WRITTEN BY: Kaz SONG: CHACONNE, enhypen

WRITTEN BY: Kaz
SONG: CHACONNE, enhypen

🪻

DANCE FOR ME,         내게 취해
매료된 듯이         I JUST WANNA
DANCE ON,              멈출 없지,
어둠 속에                    이건 나만의
세계니까, ,            WHOA, 다시
CHACONNE        NOW

The way his gaze settled on her, the way he snaked his arms around her bare waist, a spot that failed to be hidden by her crop top, and even the way she shivered when his cold hands pulled her in, closer to him. She could never forget that thrill, the way her blood pumped in her ears and how she could feel his own breath that vaguely tickled her neck. But she was afraid—petrified. She didn't know why, but Ni-ki didn't feel like himself at all. In his eyes, she saw a completely different personality. This boy wasn't the one she'd once known.

And what was even worse about that isn't the fact that she couldn't recognize him.

It was the sinking reality that she didn't know what he wanted at that moment.

The scene haunted her. Days had passed since that night, when they were stepping to a waltz underneath the glistening moon. She could still hear every note of the song in her mind, humming and tapping a desk of hollow wood to the unorthodox rhythm. Nari couldn't focus on the pile of papers for her applications.

She groaned, knowing that her dance teacher would not be happy to see her procrastinate for something so important. This dance competition would be more than just a showcase of her skills. The rewards go further than just medals for the top 3 that are placed on their pedestals. This would kick-start her career as a dancer entirely with the judges being the most prestigious in the industry.

And yet, still, she thought that this was a chore. The application papers were a necessity for this event, but filling it out felt like too much work. She couldn't gather any motivation to pick up a pen and drift it across the page. Her hesitancy is what led her to lean back against her chair, stretch her arms upwards to release the tension from her body and retract her vibrating cell phone from her pockets.

A familiar profile was ringing her phone. She immediately knew who it was by the saved nickname, but still rolled her eyes. She assumed that he was calling her out of boredom—but if it wasn't out of boredom—he most likely had to ramble on about something. She prepared her sanity, swiping the green icon on the voice call.