CHAPTER 1. A beginning

RUBY POV:

I wake up to one of my sisters, Amethyst, shaking me awake. She has her uniform from our old school on, tie tied perfectly, shirt tucked in, and blazer buttoned, knee high socks on... all the way in uniform.

AME: WAKE UP RUBY!!! YOU NEED TO GET UP AND GET READY FOR SCHOOL! AMBER PEARL AND LAPIZ ALREADY LEFT.

I sit up, nearly hitting my head on the top bunk of the bed where Amethyst sleeps. I check the time

6:50 AM

RUB: It's almost sevenn.. Can't I sleep in for 10 more minutes???

AME: NO!

RUB: Fine, fine!

I get out of bed, putting my slippers on and shuffling to the washroom. I have 35 sisters, (they kinda just start falling out after the 17th one) I share a room with 3 of them and I'm Ruby. I am the youngest of them,, Amethyst's my twin and she's probably the more reasonable of us two. I look in the mirror for a second before brushing my teeth and hair. I have red hair and dark-ish skin (tan-ish) and I'm about 5'2 maybe shorter.

AME: I'm gonna go eat,, dont expect me to leave without you.

RUB: Okay.. I'll be down in a minute.

We live in a medium sized house... we have just moved in, the oldest ones ( Sapphire and Lapis, Diamond, Emrald and Obsidian) Share a room by themselves. We have lived in the same hosue for years until now.. In a new city. Some bay place in California i guess. It's cold and foggy here and the drive was so long.

 I go back into my bedroom, it's shared with me, Amethyst, Amber and Pearl.I get dressed, pink button up and pleated skirt I guess... I wear black tights under my skirt, grab my lemon demon bag and then I go downstairs to grab a frozen waffle (I dont cook them) 

Most of my sisters are sitting at the table, speedrunning their summer homework, going through ther bags or leaving

AME: FINALLY! GET SOMETHING TO EAT AND LET'S GO!!

RUB: Fine, fine!!

I grab a frozen waffle and me and Amethyst wave to our sisters,, Mum catches us before we leave complaining about how we're not babies anymore and we're in highschool now before we could finally get away

AME: OKAY! LOVE YOU MUM GOTTA GO BYE!!!

We run outside,, I'm nibbling on my frozen chocolate waffle as we make our way down the street,, it's really cold and foggy this morning.. not to mention windy.

I take the uncooked waffle out of my mouth

RUB: I don't like the hills hereee.. they're too tall!

AME: Well, WELCOME TO THE BAY AREA OF CALIFORNIA. WHERE THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL EXPERIENCE.

RUB: You don't gotta be meann Amee...

AME: well it's in a block so we're almost there

We arrive soon and the school is bigger than we thought theres cliques and groups. Already so many people that are friends, but one person catches my eye see a girl, a pretty girl. A tall girl,, with pink puffy curly hair, a nice dark almond coloured skin and pink flower earrings with black thigh high socks with white stripes. She's really pretty. Amethyst realizes Ruby is looking at something

AME: Ruby, it's not even been 5 minutes and you're already looking at girls??? Simp.

RUB: WHAT?!!? NO!!

AME: Okayy~ but don't blame me when you get lai-

RUB: DON'T. Say it.

AME: Fine, fine. Well.. I have to go to my locker and find my class, bye~

RUB: Okay.

I stand there,, thinking of if I should try to talk to the girl. My legs move themself and my hands shake,, I walk up to her awkwardly

???: ...What do you want.

She sounds kind of annoyed,, I swallow, my hands shaking violently

RUB: U-Uh... Hi... I'm Ruby and me and my sisters are new to this town... Can we be friends maybe???

???: ... Yeah sure. Name's Flower.

RUB: Nice name.. I like it. Also your hair's pretty

FLO: Thanks. Yours too, what's your syllabus?? I can show you to your classes!

I pull my Syllabus out of my bag, my lemon demon pins clinking together and my ENA keychain clacking,, My homeroom class is A17, Prof. Announcer

RUB: My homeroom is Mr.Announcer.

FLO: Oh. Him. He's my homeroom too.. He's scary. But he's kind of cool sometimes.

RUB: oh cool.

FLO: Oh you have Prof.Kratky for history second period... I feel bad.

RUB: why..?

FLO: He's strict, scary,, a little mean but he'll let you eat in class.

RUB: o h.

FLO: His husband also works here along with their kids going here,, Mx. Yoshka, he's the art teacher. 

RUB: That's nice! 

FLO: ...Are you eating a FROZEN waffle???

RUB: .....uhhhhh..well. I don't like toasting them.

FLO: You're weird. You also have some chocolate on your face.

RUB: EH?!? WHERE!

I frantically try wiping it off but I cant get it

FLO: Stay still.

She bends over and uses her blazer sleeve and wipes said chocolate off my face,, rather close to my face.. Are we KISSING??????

RUB: o-OH! Thank you!

FLO: you're welcome,, let's go now. I'll help you find your locker.

---------------------------------------------

A/N

This is why I havent added much to my other books lol. But this'll be (one of) my big project I'm working on. Also this'll be a longer book,,, WITH AN ACTUAL STORYLINE WOW SHOCKER, SCOTT MAKES A REAL STORYLINE REAL??????

(word count 869 not including this)