Epilogue

Fog rolled in from the Blackwater Bay, covering the harsh landscape of Dragonstone

Fog rolled in from the Blackwater Bay, covering the harsh landscape of Dragonstone. Heavy clanking of armored footsteps meeting the stone walkway to House Targaryen's ancestral seat broke the tense atmosphere as a battalion waving banners of a red three-headed dragon breathing flames of gold, King Daemion's coat of arms, neared the castle's entrance. Daemon and Camilla led the group followed by Ser Criston and a troop of thirty men of the King's Guard and City Watch. Skirts spun from threads of black steel dragged along the stone ground causing sparks to jump with every step Camilla took. Small pieces of steel had been sewn and hammered into place creating an armored gown that appeared to be made of dragon scales. A matching crown with sharp peaks and delicate chains strung with small rubies draped over her forehead and under her chin. Camilla was the image of a Dragon Queen, a brutal beauty.

The Dowager Queen couldn't help the smirk pulling at her blood red lips as her squadron of knights stopped six feet from Rhaenyra and her dozen guards. Violet danced across the angered look upon Rhaenyra's face, raising to the golden crown on her head. Camilla glanced at the three white cloaks behind the Princess, narrowing upon seeing Aegon's sworn protector among them.

"Princess Rhaenyra." Camilla grinned at the way Rhaenyra's jaw clenched at the reminder of her stolen throne.

"I'm Queen Rhaenyra now."

"No, I do not believe you are." Camilla took a step forward, raising her hand to point at Rhaenyra, rings of matching black steel wrapped around her nail beds and met at a sharp point an inch from her finger tip. " My son Daemion was crowned by the Septon in front of the eyes of thousands well before your sham of a crowning making him King and his wife Queen. So no, Rhaenyra, you are not Queen, you are a traitor to the realm." Camilla looked at the men behind the false Queen. "And so are the rest of you."

"My father named me heir nearly twenty years ago, I am the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. I am Queen of the Seven Kingdoms."

"Did you not receive a raven?" Camilla asked, a false edge of concern painting her face. She turned back to the man behind her. "Daemon, did you happen to bring a copy?"

Daemon smirked as he stepped forward, pulling a rolled up piece of parchment from his belt and handing it to Rhaenyra. "It is all there, my brother named Daemion heir before his death."

Rhaenyra unfurled the paper, scanning the words written down. Her eyes widened when she saw her father's signature at the bottom besides an ink stain of a black dragon curved into the letter v. Rhaenyra ripped her eyes from her father's seal to his widow, glaring at her cousin as she ripped the paper into pieces.

"What trick did you pull on him to convince him to sign this?" Rhaenyra spat. "Did you pretend to be my mother again?"

Camilla couldn't help but laugh in the face of Rhaenyra's anger. "Is it so difficult to think my husband loved and cared for the children I birthed him? That since his eldest daughter abandoned him he reconsidered her place in the succession? The only reason you remained heir after Daemion's birth was by my good graces, I allowed you to keep your position until one of your bastards stole Aemond's eye and scarred Maegella's face. I simply stopped fighting on your behalf and let your father change his mind as he had always wanted to. You said it yourself Rhaenyra, you will never be a son." Camilla took a step back , moving herself closer to the safety her knights offered. "Now will you bend the knee and swear obeisance before the Iron Throne?"