Chapter 1

Comment and Vote please xx

---------------------------------------------------------

Brooke locked the diner. She had just finished her shift and was extremely tired.

"Well took you long enough." She jumped at the sound of her friend's voice.

"Ben you scared me!" She shouted at him, wearing a scowl on her face. Ben wasn't fazed by her scowl at all and just chuckled.

"Oh come on Brooke, I waited till you were finished to give you ride home. Don't I get a thank you?"

"Just shut up and take me home already."

"As you wish princess." He said in a fake British accent. Brooke merely rolled her eyes and got in the car.

"Thank you for the ride Ben." She kissed him on the cheek before getting out of the car and into her small apartment. Ben was a very good friend of hers. He worked with her and seeing that she was constantly the one who had to close up, he'd wait for her to take her home.

When she finally reached her house she grabbed a small bite to eat, took a long shower before flopping down on her bed out of exhaustion.

Her phone started ringing and she immediately answered it when she saw it was her best friend, Cara.

"Brooke! Where have you been this past week?"

"Oh hello Cara, I missed you too." Brooke said with a smile on her face.

"Did I mention how much I missed your sarcasm?" Cara asked dryly, causing Brooke to laugh.

"Oh lighten up Cara. How's that lovely baby of yours doing in your stomach?"

Cara was seven months, almost 8 months pregnant and happily married at such a young age whereas Brooke did not even look for someone. She could only hope her Mr Right would be as lovely and as caring as Jason, Cara's husband is, one day.

"She's doing great." Cara exclaimed happily.

"Wait. Did you just say she?"

"Yes! That's why I called you. We couldn't wait any longer and decided to find out the gender and not wait till the baby was born."

"That's awesome Cara, I'm really happy for you."

They spoke for good twenty minutes until Brooke let out a long yawn and Cara had no choice but to say goodbye. Brooke sighed and fell for the second time on her bed and not shortly after that sleep took over.

---

"You're late!" Mrs Kelly Summers snapped when Brooke only arrived about 3 minutes late. She wanted to roll her eyes but didn't want to risk losing a job she needed so she simply just muttered a sorry and went to her locker. Mrs Summers was a pain in the butt and just knew how to bring out the worst side in Brooke.

"Brooke, customers just came in and I can't help them, Mrs Summers just called me." Sarah, another one of her co-workers said breathlessly before going to the back where Mrs Summers currently was. Brooke did not mind taking customers for Sarah. She knew all too well the wrath of Mrs Summers and she shouldn't be kept waiting.

Brooke quickly pulled her loose hair in a messy bun and went to serve the customers.

She saw four men seated around a table all dressed in black suits. Only one look at them and she could tell they were rich, what they were doing in a small diner like this one was beyond her imagination. Brooke took a quick look at them and saw two of them were middle aged, one looked in his early fifties and one of them looked more or less Brooke's age.