Suprise

Regulus:

Today, it was time his 22 birthday. Yay. Sirius will probably have a party planned and won't let Regulus rest at all.

Because that is what Sirius always does. He calls it the "I am finally a good brother birthday special."

It was sweet, of course. But it was stressful. But when Regulus looked at his clock, he was shocked. It was already 12:30.

Sirius never let's him sleep this long on his birthday. He then saw that he had a message from Sirius, along side from his own friends, sending him happy birthday messages.

Regulus opened the message and started reading.

My idiot brother

Hey Reggie! Happy birthday.
*recived*
I decided to let you have your beauty sleep today.
*recived*
But you should be dressed and ready by 14. My surprise should be there then. See you later.
*recived*

OK, sure. Bye.
*recived*

A quick answer had to be enough. So he should be ready at 14? That is pretty early for the usual party, but alright.

He quickly went under the shower and fixed his hair. He brushed his teeth, and when he was dressed, he decided to head downstairs to eat breakfast.

He put on his headphones and started the song, someone new from, who would've guessed, James Potter.

With his soundproof headphones on, he made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen. He made himself a bowl of cereal and decided to sit down in the living room.

He walked into the living room, and his bowl dropped out of his hands. sitting there on the couch next to his brother was James fucking Potter in the flesh.

Sirius and James turned to look at him, and he slowly slid off the headphones. His eyes were wide, the bowl of cereal on the floor, and  his mouth hung wide open.

"Hey Reggie! Sorry your birthday present arrived a bit early." Sirius said. "By the way. I think you've dropped something."

Regulus's eyes sprung between James and Sirius. "Is this some kind of prank?" He asked. "Some kind of actor dressed up?"

"Nope." Sirius said, popping the p, "I remembered that James was my best friend in high school. Don't ask me how I had forgotten that in the first place. I told him he could stay here for his time in London. He convinced his management. Surprise!"

Regulus stared at him as James stood up. He walked over to Regulus and offered his hand. "Hey, it is nice to finally meet you. I hope I didn't startle you too much." James said, with a kind smile.

Regulus slowly lifted this hand, still unsure if this was supposed to be some kind of prank or if he was dreaming. "It.. uh.. it is nice to meet you too." Was all he got out.

"I have a feeling I know that song." James said, motioning to Regulus' headphones.

"I- I mean..." Regulus had truthfully forgotten about James' song playing on full volume over his headphones. "I guess you would, since it is your song..."

"Yeah, I should, shouldn't I?" James asked, still smiling only that it had grown. "Happy birthday, by the way."

"I uh..." James Potter knew his birthday! James fucking Potter knows it's his fucking birthday! "I should probably clean this up..." Regulus said, slowly distancing himself.

When he had reached the kitchen, he quickly pulled out his phone and opened the group chat, which he and the others had.

The Snakes

Guys! I absolutely hate,
and at the same time, I
love him.
*recived*

Barty

What has your
brother done now?
*recived*

He apparently has
some kind of past
with THE James Potter
and decided that as a
Birthday present he
should invite James
to stay with us four his
London tour.
I am freaking out.

Pandora
That is very sweet
of him.

Barty
Sirius as in your idiot
of a brother, knows
The famous musician
James Potter?!

Yes. And he is
even more handsome
than on the news.
I have to go, but
Please just be here
as soon as you can.

As Regulus put away his phone and got wipes to clean his mess, James walked in.

"Sorry again if I startled you. You actually just missed my manager telling your brother about 5000 annoying rules." He said.

Regulus sighed and turned around to look at James. "You shouldn't apologize, I should've expected something like this from my brother."

"You should expect your brother inviting a musician you like to stay in the house of both of you, without telling you, as a Birthday present?" James questioned.

"Well, I can expect him to do crazy stuff like that. Sure, it was never that crazy but it was surely over the top." Regulus answered.

"Well, I would love to hear about the adventures you and Sirius went on together because of his crazy ideas." James said.

And needless to say that Regulus was a bit surprised. James Potter was interested in his life? That is way too unreal. But here is James standing in front of him, and Regulus made sure he isn't dreaming.

"Maybe we could do that." Regulus said. Regulus said, before taking the wipes and heading to the living room, He may or may not have forced Sirius to do the work.

But why should he do it? It was Sirius' fault anyway.

______________________________________

I like this one a bit.