"But I am not someone who would want to be mates with... I don't have any Omega trades nor am I someone you can comfortably talk to.. whereas you... You deserve better and way more than what I can give" Namjoon was looking anywhere but his mate's eyes

"And who are you to decide that? I never thought of you as any ordinary omega out there... First, I never thought of you as an omega and still fell in love with you... I know what was getting myself into when I started replying to the letters you used to leave under the tree hoping someone will become your friend, telling about your whole day and how you feel about everything..." Yoongi said while fixing the strap of his bag on the shoulder…

Namjoon's eyes widened in shock " T-that was you?who replied to my letters?Why did you never tell me that" a tear escaped from the corner of his eyes " You used to feel pity on how lonely I was that's why you suddenly stopped replying when I requested you to meet me face to face... Wow Min wow" He turned around to leave not wanting to cry in front of someone who he thought could be his first friend... He still remembers how happy he was when he got a reply to his letter... How reading his anonymous friend's letters  used to be the best part of his day and how he bunked school for the first and only time to meet his first friend who never showed up or replied to his future letters

Yoongi held Namjoon's wrist and pulled him towards a more reserved area which was an empty classroom... "Listen, I know you are hurt but there is a reason why I couldn't show up" Namjoon rolled his eyes "Yeah you said it and I believe it now bye i have to go attend my class " he yanked Yoongi's hand away to start to walk out

But the alpha pinned him against the wall and deeply stared in Namjoon's eyes... "Do you really think I would bring something up only for you to hate me? I am sorry that I couldn't show up but if that day I would have chosen to meet you over saving three lives, then Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook wouldn't be alive"

"What do you mean?" He asked in a voice over whisper

The alpha sighed "I was on my way to meet you, ready to get my ass beaten by you for hiding my identity but there was fire in the Orphanage near the place Hoseok and I used to live before shifting to our current apartment..."

*Flashback*

The fire crackled and roared, casting sinister shadows on the walls... Thick smoke fills the air, making it difficult to see... When Yoongi hears screams, he rushes through the chaos... A gasp left his mouth when he saw the place he usually visits was on fire... The Fire truck was running late which made the people throw buckets full of water but nothing was helping... Soon, the flames subsidised and all the injured kids were rushed to the hospital... Yoongi was also going to leave when he heard another scream that came from the inside...

The remaining people tried to stop him but he was determined, Yoongi masked by a cloth to filter out the smoke... The orange glow of the flames reflects in his eyes as he searches for survivors…

Through the smoke and heat, Yoongi heard faint cries... Desperate cries for help...

"Help! Help us!"

Yoongi followed the cries, navigating his way through the burning corridors... He finds a door, partially blocked by debris... With all his strength, he pushed it open... Inside, the room was filled with smoke, and the flames inch closer... Three terrified kids, barely old enough to understand what's happening, huddle in the corner...

"Don't worry, I am here to save you..." Yoongi managed to utter in between his coughs... He rushed towards the kids to notice, two of them were of the same age while the third child was way too small... just a year old or nearby... He scoops them up one by one, cradling them in his arms….