Chapter Nine | The Date

Start from the beginning

Hope analyses Ariel and her new confidence compared to her earlier timidness "He betrayed our family and now is trying to keep away from us"

Even though the words were grievous a smirk still rested on Ariel's face "I'm sorry I asked"

"It's fine, my father values strength above everything and my brother wasn't cut out for it"

Hope brow raises at her words and they stop to face each other "That must be hard..." Ariel looks at her confused and Hope explains "...You know, constantly trying to keep up with your father's standard of strength"

Ariel's eyes soften just a bit before they go back to normal "It's not, I'm stronger than my brother can ever be and that's without trying"

Hope hmm slightly and looks to the rest of the group, leaving Ariel to think if she had said something wrong. Ariel frowns when Hope's eyes don't go back to her or maybe she was annoyed, She didn't know.

All she knew was that Hope would be hers.

« « « « «

The Gaang looked down from the top of the walls of Ba Sing Se to see the massive drill that wasn't really making process.

Everyone had been settled in but before Hope could get to the good stuff they had to deal with the drill.

They were waiting for the person in charge and he arrives a moment later "It is an honour to welcome you to the Outer Wall, young Avatar, but your help is not needed"

Aang looks to the drill then back to him confused "Not needed?"

The man nodded and had a calm demeanour one that Hope noticed as arrogant "Not needed. I have the situation under control, I assure you the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall, many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded"

Toph steps forward with a raised eyebrow "What about the Dragon of the West? He got in"

The man scrambles on his words for a moment as he looks at her taken back "Well ... uh, technically yes, but he was quickly expunged...."

His expression goes back to arrogant "...Nevertheless, that is why the city is named Ba Sing Se. It's the "impenetrable city", they don't call it Na Sing Se..."

He laughs for a moment but stops when he sees no one else is laughing with him he stops and turns serious "...That means "penetrable city""

Hope was growing impatient, when she gave her necklace to Azula its been a struggle to control herself "Yeah, thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem"

"Not for long, to stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the Terra Team"

They all move to the side and look down and watch as the Terra team get defeat by fire benders and General Sung starts to panic "We're doomed!"

He shakes his arms around and Hope raises an eyebrow unamused and she speaks up "You want the avatar's help now?"

General Sung stops flailing his arms around turns to Aang and meekly stands before him "Yes please"

« « « « «

Katara and Hope heal the Terra team and Sokka comes up with a plan to destroy the drill from the inside out.