headache

I dropped my bags next to the front door as soon as I got to Chris' house, not wanting to put the effort into carrying them downstairs right now. My head was pounding, today lasted far too long, I was forced to socialize, and I haven't eaten anything since this morning.

After slipping my shoes off, I ransacked the cupboards and grabbed a bag of chips, a water, and two advil. I knew it was late when I noticed the guys weren't in the couch, but in their respective rooms, meaning they were streaming or they're actually getting sleep for once.

My head throbbed when I turned the kitchen light on and I squinted my eyes shut, causing my eyes to line with tears momentarily from the exploding type pressure. I quickly turned it off and felt my way down the stairs through the darkness and into my boyfriends room. He was sitting at his computer playing Fortnite, headphones over both of his ears and his eyes glued to the screen.

I didn't catch his attention right away, but after he let out a frustrated yell, "Bro, Nick! Why didn't you tell me there was a guy on the left!?" I covered my ears and closed my eyes, tears momentarily filling them again because of the loud noise, "Hey, Y/n." He greeted, I barely heard him speak.

"Mhm." I replied while waiting for the pain in my head to subside, "Hi."

"What's wrong?" He stood up from his chair and walked over to me, resting his hands on my upper arms and gently pulling my hands away from my ears, "What's going on? Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying. My head hurts so bad." I pinched the bridge of my nose and his hands trailed behind my back and pulled me in to a hug, "The pain is like everywhere." Being around Chris made me feel safe, he was a place where I could let myself be vulnerable, so that's what I did. I let my frustration and pain out in a quick spurt of tears, soaking the material of his sweatshirt as I did, "I'm tired and hungry and all I grabbed was this tiny ass bag of fucking chips." I dropped my arms to my sides and knew I was being over dramatic, but I was mentally drained, I couldn't help it.

"It's okay," Chris assured, "I'll go grab you something else. Where's your bag?" He asked, not seeing my usual backpack on my shoulder.

I covered my eyes, wiped away the tears, and groaned, "I left it upstairs and forgot to grab it before coming down."

"I'll grab that, too," He said, "Sit." He then walked over to his set up and shut his camera off, "Camera is off now." I wasted no time plopping down in his bed and pulling the blankets completely over me.

Chris came back quickly with a bunch of random snacks and my bag over his shoulder, "I got a bunch of shit." He dropped the various foods onto the edge of his bed along with my backpack, "Pajamas in your bag?"

"Mhm." I nodded my head as I peaked over the blanket, "Black sweats and your orange sweatshirt."

"I've been looking for that for, like, a month," He smiled at me as he threw my clothes on top of me, "Go change, ya goof." He leaned over the bed and surprised me with a random kiss on the forehead.

"You never do that," I pointed out while standing up.

"Yeah, well, you feel like shit and I'm your boyfriend. Take it or leave it," He replied as he sat back down in his chair, "Love you."

"Love you, too," If it didn't hurt to roll my eyes I would have. Jokingly, of course. Chris shows me the most affection when I'm down in the dumps or under the weather, which is more than appreciated by me. Any other time, we show affection by joking around and showing each other funny videos, it's just how we were, and I wouldn't change a thing.

After changing into more comfortable clothes, I came out of the bathroom and grabbed a granola bar he had brought me, along with a fuzzy blanket, "Can I sit with you?" I asked him.

"Camera on or off?" He was sure to ask. I replied with a quick 'doesn't matter', "I'll keep it off." He waved me over and pushed his seat away from the desk so I could sit on his lap backwards, which is something I've done plenty of times before.

"Hello hello," I said into his mic, surprising Nick and Matt, along with the fans who were watching. They knew who I was, half of them loved me while the other half wished the worst for me, which is also why I knew Chris decided to keep the camera off. He wasn't ashamed to be with me, just protective.

"We gotta try to be quiet. Y/n has a headache," He told his brothers through the headset, "Yes, guys. Y/n is here." I laid my head on his shoulder, my nose facing his neck so I could shield some of the brightness from the screen, "She was at work." I'm guessing he was answering chat, "Definitely not telling you guys where she works. That's insane." I felt his chest exhale a small laugh.

"She doesn't need stalkers," I heard Nick through the headset and stifled a laugh, he wasn't wrong, "Cause some of you guys are fucking weirdos and would show up there."

"Yeah, Chris. Why's your camera off?" Matt asked, probably reading the question directly from the chat.

"I'm not putting my girlfriend on live when she's sick," Chris said as if the answer was obvious, "I'm not a dick."

They continued playing while I drifted in and out of sleep on Chris' shoulder, only waking up when he was being loud or moving around a lot, which didn't bother me. It was around an hour later when I felt him shake me awake gently, "We just ended." I nodded my head and sat up, almost falling as I tried getting off the chair, only to be caught by Chris' hands grabbing my upper arms before I hit the floor, "Jesus Christ, fall over why don't ya."

"I'm half asleep," I defended groggily. He lifted me back to my feet and tossed the fuzzy blanket back onto the bed, "Are you staying up?"

"If you're going to bed then I probably will, too." He answered. I answered by laying in bed and closing my eyes again, "Sleep it is." I heard him shuffle around, shutting things off and plugging his phone in, then climb under the covers next to me, "You having a bad day 'cause something happened or 'cause you're sick?"

"Both," I answered, "Can we talk about it tomorrow? I can barely keep my eyes open."

"For sure," He answered, "You're little spoon tonight. Last time you forced me to do that shit, I felt like I had a damn spider on my back all night." He laughed while I turned the other way, agreeing to be little spoon as my back pressed against his chest, "You had a fuckin' death grip on me."

"Sorry," I laughed. His arm snaked around my waist as we moved around a bit to get comfortable, "I love you."

"I love you, too," He replied, "Wake me up if your headache gets worse and I'll get you something."

"Thank you," I said sweetly, loving the way he always offered to take care of me. He sat up and placed a kiss onto my cheek, leading me to turn my head and place another into my lips. Once he was situated with his head back on his pillow, our breathing slowed and we fell asleep.

———

This one is kinda just random fluff but I feel bad I haven't been as consistent with posting. This past week I've been super sick. I'm finally starting to feel a little better so I cranked this out in like twenty minutes.

Be back soon with more imagines <3