goodbye

I held the mail in my hand, sorting through them as I kicked the door shut and felt tears brim my eyes.

Hate mail

Death threats

How did anyone even get my address? I tossed the six envelopes into the trash and tried my best not to cry. This has been going on for months and I've refrained from telling any of the guys. I knew they would be there for me and tell me what to do, but I couldn't let this drag them down, they had their own lives.

I let my body fall onto the couch and brought my knees to my chest, my vision blurry from the cloud of tears. The only thing I could think to do was fall off the face of the earth completely, go on a hiatus and never come back.

So that's what I did.

I wiped my tears and went to my car, beginning the drive to their house. My heart broke with every mile I drove, leaving shattered pieces along the the way. If the fans wanted me out of the triplets lives, then I would give them what they wanted. I couldn't take the unnecessary hate anymore, the literal death threats I've been getting. It was too much.

"Hey, you know you don't have to knock, right?" Chris stepped to the side, gesturing for me to come in, but when I looked up at him, his face fell seeing my red eyes and tear stained cheeks, "What's going on?" He took a step towards me with open arms and I stepped away, "Y/n, why are you crying? You can tell me anything."

"I, uh, I can't—I can't do this anymore," I tried to speak, but my cries were making me stutter, "I've been getting death threats the past few months and I—" His eyes widened, "I don't even know how they know where I live, but—"

"Come in so we can talk about this." His voice was pleading, "We can figure it out. Y/n, please."

"I'm sorry." I wiped my nose with my sweatshirt sleeve and straightened my posture, "goodbye, Chris."

Chris' pov

I didn't know how to describe this feeling. It felt as though I got punched in the chest and my heart sunk to my stomach. I was frozen in place, my lips parted to speak but no words were forming.

"Who's at the door?" Matt came up behind me and I ignored him, "Y/n!? Hey!" He caught her as she got into her car, but she didn't respond, only buckled her seatbelt and drove away, "She okay?" I looked over at him, "You okay?"

"She broke up with me," My chest burned with the urge to cry and I fought the tears, "She—"

"Bring it in, man," His arms wrapped around me immediately as he rubbed my back, "Nick! Get over here!" Nick came around the corner and without hesitation joined the group hug. I couldn't get myself to hug them back, so I stood there silently letting tears fall down my cheeks as they told me everything was going to be okay.

"Go sit down, relax," Nick patted my shoulder and I listened and went to the couch. I felt empty. Y/n was part of our family and being able to call her my girlfriend was an added bonus. Losing her felt like losing Matt or Nick, something I never wanted to go through and yet, here I am, going through it. I unlocked my phone and went to our texts, needing to know more about what she said.

Chris
Can we please talk?
*not delivered*

"She blocked my number, try texting her," I told them as they sat down next to me.

"Chris, I don't think—"

"Shut the fuck up and try, Nick," Matt cut him off. I stayed silent as I scrolled through her socials, which she wasted no time in deactivating, "I'm blocked, too."