Music Practice

In the Tenma residence in the living room...

Saki: Now then Onii-chan, can you play the bass for us. PLEASE!!!!!

Tsukasa: Sure. I'm not really good at it though.

Toya: May I ask, you usually play the piano. Why do you know how to play the bass?

Tsukasa: Um....I don't want to get into that, I just wanted to try something new. That's all.

Toya: Oh. Okay.

Toya POV: I think I should let Tsukasa-senpai be. Its probably personal.

Tsukasa: Should I start now?

Saki: Sure!

Toya: I would love to here you play, Tsukasa-Senpai.

Tsukasa: Okay then.

Tsukasa then plays some of chords. They sound quite catchy and soothing to listen too.

Saki POV: Tsukasa's level is near Shiho-chan's level! The bass sounds really soothing with a hint of catchiness. Its pulling you in so you can listen to it.

Toya: This feels quite nice. The melody is flowing into a bind of catchiness & calmness, yet soothing. This feels quite nice.

Tsukasa then stops playing the bass as he closes the song up.

Saki: ONII-CHAN!!!! That was soothing!!!! 

Tsukasa: You liked it? I sometimes doubt my bass skills but I'm glad that you liked it.

Tsukasa POV: Though, I can't tell them the main reason why I stopped playing. It was good to try something new, though...

Saki: Onii-Chan, you spaced out. 

Tsukasa: Oh, sorry about that. 

Toya: The song was really nice Tsukasa-Senpai. It sounded so Soothing and calm, like Saki said. It had stillness and motion in it.

Tsukasa: Thanks, Toya. Now then Toya, wanna try playing the guitar?

Toya: I guess I can try.

Toya POV: I understand that a violin is harder than a electric guitar. But they are quite similar.

Toya then plays some of the cords from the electric guitar. Despite being acoustic without the amp, they sound quite painful with the discordant notes with the melody flowing in as well.

Tsukasa: The song, I know he played some random notes. But still, it sounds quite painful. The song makes me uneasy but its helping combine the melody, I can feel what he is playing in the melody.

Saki: The song sounds so sad. It so painful that they can't bare it anymore. Just like when I was in the hospital. Its an abyss of memories of despair and sadness.

Tsukasa: S-Saki? 

Saki: (Touches her cheek) Hm? Tears? Why am I crying?

Toya then ends the song with a much more soothing melody, which ends the discordant melody of pain. Toya then opened up his eyes as he saw Saki cry, unconsciously.

Toya: Saki? Why you crying?

Saki: I know I'm crying unconsciously, but I don't know why.

Tsukasa: Hm, its probably what you played. I kinda notice you playing the wrong E pitch, since there are two kinds, low & high.

Toya: Oh, I didn't realize. 

Tsukasa: But still, the song felt so painful and sad. If I had to picture it, a person is reminded by their painful past, even though they had moved into the light they had grasped. Even though had grasped but still, their trapped in the abyss of memories filled with sadness, pain, despair...I think I'm gonna cry.

Saki: Onii-chan, please don't cry! Oh, here come the waterworks.

Toya: Tsukasa-Senpai...

Toya POV: All I did was picture it. But, this is how I expressed it. Deep down, I connected it with a part of my past and expressed it.

Saki: You know Toya, it kinda felt like you were writing that song for me.

Toya: Hm?

Saki: When I was in the hospital, I was hospitalized for junior high school. I couldn't do what normal kids do, so I kept that those memories all behind. But then, when you played that song, you made me remember all of that pain. That may be the reason why I was crying.

Toya: Saki...

Toya then gave Saki a sad smile. Then Saki lightened up as he saw a star out the window.

Saki: Onii-chan! Toya-kun! Its starting!

The Perseid meteor shower had just begun as the three of them went out of the house watched the meteor shower.

Toya: This is beautiful. Despite the fact that this my second time seeing one, it looks beautiful. But that first one I saw was a long time ago.

Saki: Yet, it feels like yesterday.

Tsukasa: (Sighs) Hate to break it to you, but our parents are coming home now.

Saki: Aw.

Toya: Sorry about that Saki, but I need to get home.

Saki: That's right.

Tsukasa: Here, take the guitar, you can keep it.

Toya: Are you sure?

Tsukasa: Keep it as a gift from us.

Toya: (Smiles) Thank you Tsukasa-senpai, Saki-san. Thank you guys, for being there for me in my life.

Tsukasa: Your welcome, Toya.