1. Memories

5 years ago

Sunoo's pov

I just finished my class for today and now walking back to my hellhole aka my "home".

I was dragging my feet as I sighed loudly every second. Just thinking about going back to a place where everyone hates you is shitty as fuck. I stopped as I saw raindrops pouring all of a sudden. I sighed for the thousandth time today as I noticed I didn't have an umbrella with me. 

I decided to just walk anyway until the rain started pouring heavily. I stared into the distance zoning out in the middle of the street. I walked to the nearby park, sat down on one of the benches and let myself get wet in the rain. 

All the incidents that's been happening for the past months came flooding into my mind. I felt tears running down my face. 

If giving birth to me is the most hated thing to her....why didn't she just kill me before that? Rather than being wounded every single day by her words, it is better than just disappearing from this place. 

Disappearing from this place...

That sounds like a good idea...

What if I run away.......?

But then again I don't have enough money to feed myself and get a place to live in...

I sulked at the thought of it. Suddenly I noticed the rain stopped....or that's what I thought until I noticed someone holding an umbrella over my head. I stared at him for some good seconds before asking him what was he doing there.

"Do you mind me taking a seat next to you?" he asked. I hesitantly nodded. 

He made himself comfortable beside me while still holding the umbrella. Then it was just silence. No one spoke a word. I turned to look at him... until now I didn't notice how handsome he was and now that I noticed I felt my face heating up slightly. 

"I'm Sunghoon," He said before looking at me. Waiting for me to introduce myself.

I was still not sure if I should introduce myself but I replied anyway. "Kim Sunoo" I shortly replied. 

"You got a cute name! It suits you." He said while smiling at me. I just hummed at his response. "What are you doing in the middle of the rain?" I asked him. "I should be the one asking you that question." He said before fully turning towards me. 

"What are you doing in the rain..? look at you...you're soaking wet now. You're gonna catch a cold." He said. 

Great now strangers seem to care for me more than my own family. 

"I was just thinking about my life," I replied while trying to give him a smile which turned out to seem more like a sad one. 

"Having a hard time..?" He asked before I could answer he added quickly. "It's okay if you're not comfortable to tell me...which I umm understand." He said while looking a bit nervous. "Nah thanks for asking. It's just family problems you know haha" I replied.

He suddenly caressed my head. I was a bit shocked. I felt my face heating up. I tried to brush that feeling away but I just couldn't. His eyes shifted to mine and the time just froze right there at that moment. 

The rain had already stopped now.

"Everything is gonna be alright. Just have faith in yourself" He told me those words which I needed the most at that time. I felt tears filled up my eyes. I tried to hold them back but a drop fell which he seemed to notice.