the way i loved you, jj maybank

THE WAY I LOVED YOU1:00 ───⊙─────── 3:59

  THE WAY I LOVED YOU
1:00 ────────── 3:59

Elizabeth Warner had lived on the richer side of the Outer Banks for her entire life, locked away on the Figure Eight as if it would physically cause pain to cross over the border to The Cut. She'd been warned her entire life to stay away, to stay with the people of her own social stature and she'd stuck with that for a while. Her parents were never really home to enforce it, her brother had married and moved away and her older sister was much too preoccupied with Rafe Cameron to care — so one day she took that leap to the other side.

That was when she'd met him, hair shaggy and drenched from the ocean water, his eyes shining underneath the light of the sun. He was beautiful and yet she knew that he wasn't somebody she could ever be friends with, let alone seek out for some sort of romantic relationship. However, it hasn't just been her that was entranced, the angelic looking brunette catching his eye just as much.

Several awkward conversations later, Elizabeth had taken the plunge and pressed her lips to his in the heavy rain. She'd been so sucked into the idea of love, of this boy having feelings for her, that she'd never noticed the lingering presence whenever she'd ventured to The Cut. An extremely pissed off older sister with an agenda as long as the island was all it took to destroy everything.

Days later, Elizabeth had returned to her bedroom a sobbing mess with no idea why JJ would force her to walk away, break up with her and leave her a shell of who she had been. Her sister had sat by and held her as she cried, yet she'd been the one to break the girl's heart first — all in the name of her perceived social status.

To take things even further, her sister set her up with numerous guys until one stuck — a polite, respectful boy from this side of the island who cared for Elizabeth so deeply that she couldn't bare the idea of walking away and hurting him. So she stayed.

For months she was able to go one pretending as if JJ never even existed, as if she hadn't made the trip over there in the first place. He was simply forced to the back of her mind, lingering cruelly every now and again in her daydreams and having a clutch on her heart that she just can't escape from. It's when she's dragged to a kegger that things take a turn because there he is again, so beautiful under the light of the moon, and she finds herself falling in love all over again.

OUTER BANKS SEASON ONE — ?

KAYLEE BRYANT IS ELIZABETH WARNER "I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain"

"I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain"

ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS :
MORGAN WARNER (OLDER SISTER)
SAMUEL GARDNER (BOYFRIEND)
BENJAMIN WARNER (OLDER BROTHER)
GAIL WARNER ( MOTHER)
HARRY WARNER (FATHER)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

I would just like to start out by saying that her current boyfriend (Samuel) is actually a really good guy! He treats her really well so there shouldn't be any sort of cheating/bad boyfriend kind of things going on. It's a relationship that is pretty strong but Elizabeth is unaware that she isn't actually in love with him — not until she starts to be around JJ again and such.

In regards to JJ and Elizabeth's initial breakup, I hadn't quite decided the reason. I was sort of heading along the lines of Morgan threatening him with her having to move away if her parents hear about it or something like that but please feel free to come up with your own reason! (One that may be a lot better than that rough example).

I think this story should be more of a slow burn because, of course, she doesn't know about the whole issue leading up to their breakup so she'll still be hurt by it.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask!