We Are Coming

If there was something that Anna Coulthard irrevocably loved about her father, it was for sure his endless love and fascination for the deep night sky.

William would often take his daughter to the forests nearby Lawndale, ever since she had turned seven years old, and together they would set up a good telescope and gaze at the stars and the distant planets together. The sky was a mystery to Anna, so vast and beautiful and a little scary at the same time, and yet she had loved all and every single night that she had spent with her father admiring all those twinkling lights above.

It had been only five weeks since their last astronomical adventure together, and yet now for Anna it felt like all of that had happened a million weeks ago...

"Astronomy has been a wonderful gift" Anna whispered, and soon she felt something like a little knot somewhere inside of her neck as she thought about her father- "Thanks, dad! I just wish that I had learned all of it from you..."

Anna Felicia stood alone on top of her splendid new house, it was one of those rare moments when she felt happy for real and she seemed quite entertained as she set the steel tripod, the sky charts and her brand new shiny telescope all ready for a great astronomical night!

Lockie had taken her to the best Astronomy shop at Layndale just three nights ago, exactly the night that followed that unbelievable dinner at Avalon's place. The owner was a friendly and elegant old lady that seemed rather surprised at Anna's knowledge of astronomical terms, the shop was cute and the best part was that her laryngitis story had never been questioned as the lady patiently showed to Anna a telescope model after another.

At the end William's daughter had purchased a lovely, purple Newtonian style telescope with a seven inch aperture and a high quality tripod, it was exactly what she needed to start exploring the dazzling Somewherelsian sky and this cold, clear and crystalline night was the perfect time to try it for the first time...

"Alright! Here we go, little telescope... Let's see that Moon up close this time!"

Anna carefully pointed her telescope at the great violet Moon by means of her finderscope and laser, she then took a first look into the instrument and, at least at first, the light that hit her left eye was far too bright to actually see any kind of details up there. 

That level of sheer brightness meant that her telescope was good, and yet, this Somewherelsian Moon was so bright and dazzling that Anna would still sometimes have trouble to believe that it was real at all...

Just how could it be so bright? What kind of celestial body was it? What exactly would the Somewherelsian Moon be made of?

"Fine! There you are..."

Anna now admired the steep mountains, vast seas and enormous craters in the great Moon above. It was a lot like Earth's Moon when seen through a telescope, for sure just a vast, lonely and terrifying expanse of nothing, and yet there was something else up there, a clear and sharp feeling that she was admiring something that no Earth person had ever seen before.

She was, after all, now living in a different level of reality...

"There you are" came Lockie's high and icy voice all of a sudden, speaking from a short distance somewhere behind Anna- "Have fun Felicia, our Moon is great! It's quite a crystalline night... Hey, would you like to walk on the Moon? After all, you can afford the tickets..."

"Hi Lockie! What? Wait! What did you say?"

"Moon tickets with Sky Adventure are a million and a half each, the last time I checked!"

"I would love that!"

Lockie Allyngard always looked great to Anna, and yet that night she was all cold and eerie wearing her Vail Agent uniform like the day when they had seen each other for the first time. It seemed that Hemlock was not only distant, but she was even worried about something, her green eyes were tired and Anna knew that all of this could mean only one thing.